The truck bed goes through a lot of wear and tear. In a pick-up truck, it undergoes the most stress because huge items are hauled in and out regularly. It needs to be strong enough to handle all the heavy loads. But, usage damages are obvious. You will see gashes and multiple scratches on the bed, especially after a few months of regular use. Within no time, they will become too many, threatening the integrity of the truck bed altogether.
A permanent fix for this would be to purchase a plastic bed liner. There are rubber options as well. But these are expensive. An affordable alternative is a spray-on bed liner that’s easy to use and has quite a few excellent properties.
Now, during your search, you will find numerous options, one of them being the Custom Coat Bed Liner. If you are in two minds about it, you have come to the right place. We will help you decide by reviewing it in detail.
Custom Coat Bed Liner Review
This is a urethane spray available in different sizes right from 0.25 gallons to 2 gallons. The larger cans come with a roller. Here are a few noteworthy features:
- You don’t just receive a spray. You receive everything you need to complete painting including a standard hardener, a coat applicator spray fun, a regulator, and a bed liner base.
- With the 1 gallon kit, you will be able to cover a surface area of around 120 sft.
- This is a textured coating that is protective in nature. It is durable, long-lasting, and can withstand temperature variations.
- The spray is resistant to UV, water, and heat. It is also rust-proof.
- Once you apply this spray, you will see a reduction in vibrations and sounds as well.
- The heavy duty product is highly versatile and has multiple applications. Along with the truck bed, you can also line the entire exterior of the vehicle, the chassis, etc. If you want a non-skid surface in the garage, wood decks, docks, etc. too, this bed liner will do wonders.
- Usage is quite simple but you need to prepare the surface properly. It takes at least 1.5 hours for the paint to touch dry and 5-7 days to completely cure and be ready for use.
Custom Coat Bed Liner Review – The Verdict
If a spray bed liner is what you are looking for, you will definitely not go wrong with Custom Coat. It is popular and heavily used in the country because it is reliable and trustworthy. You don’t even need to hire an expert to use this paint. You can do it yourself with the help of the instructions on the package.
So, our verdict is that Custom Coat is definitely worth the hype.
Once you purchase the bed liner, don’t forget to tell us about your experience. It will add value and help our readers. All the best!