Toyota Sequoia is quite an amazing vehicle, isn’t it? This full-sized SUV is derived from Toyota Tundra and both these vehicles have multiple similarities. One of the biggest ones is that they have the same kinds of shocks. The front suspension is, in fact, almost the same. There are a few differences in the rear but most shocks that will fit Toyota Tundra will also fit Toyota Sequoia.
Buying Considerations For Shocks For Toyota Sequoia
Since the number of options is many and it is easy to be overwhelmed with all the choices, it is always a good idea to have a checklist. Below are a few important factors that you must consider:
- The material: Reliable and sturdy shocks are obviously top of the list. You can ensure this by purchasing shocks made of steel or aluminum. Our personal preference for Toyota Sequoia is aluminum. This is because they are easy to install and affordable. Steel ones are more durable, but they are expensive and bulky.
- The type of shock: From monotube to twin-tube, reservoir, gas-charged, and coilover, there are many types of shocks on the market. They also have their own advantages and disadvantages. We advise you to purchase based on reviews and feedback.
- Installation: Shocks must be easy to install. Otherwise, you will end up paying the mechanic to do it for you. This is often the case with steel shocks because they are bulky.
- Compatibility: Needless to say, the shocks you purchase must be compatible with not just your vehicle but also the model number.
Best Shocks For Toyota Sequoia
Now, we shall walk you through some of the best shocks available today, as testified by our experts.
1. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shocks For Toyota Sequoia
Bilstein is the leader when it comes to top shocks for Toyota Sequoia, and we are not even going to try denying it. This set of shocks has been designed for models from 1999 to 2006 and it comes with the following features:
- This is a set of 2 front and 2 rear shocks and struts. Both these sets are of very high quality, thanks to their zinc-plated finish.
- The shocks have 46mm digressive pistons with self-adjusting valving.
- There are many grooves with the multi-snap feature that help adjust the positions on the seat. This enables the shocks to provide a considerable front lift of around 0 to 2.5 inches.
- These shocks are meant to give you a smooth and comfortable ride, absorbing bumps effectively.
- You will see significant improvement in performance with these shocks.
2. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shocks For Toyota Sequoia
Do you want to buy only Bilstein but have a newer model? If yes, you can check this set of shocks out. They also have a monotube design with the following features:
- It has been designed for all 2WD and 4WD models from 2007 to 2017. You should make sure, though, that your vehicle only has the factory height or a lift of 0.25 inches or lower on both ends.
- All shocks come with shock boots.
- Since these are monotube gas charged shocks, you can expect longevity and performance.
- These shocks are also very durable.
- The manufacturers offer all the hardware needed for installation including nuts, bushings, and bolts.
- You get a limited lifetime warranty on these shocks against premature failure.
3. Monroe Quick-Strut Complete Assembly
Monroe is a great choice for good quality and affordable shocks and struts. This is a complete strut assembly engineered for Toyota Tundra and Toyota Sequoia models. Its specifications are as follows:
- It is a pre-assembled set with OE-style bearings. It also has high quality bolts and nuts.
- The rubber-to-steel bonding adds to its durability.
- The strut assembly also has a bearing plate that is responsible for consistency and precise steering.
- You will not have to worry about corroded bearings and steering noises.
- The coil springs are made of high-quality steel and calibrated to support ride height and weight.
- The boot kit that comes with the struts is strong and protective against debris and dirt.
4. KYB KG9026 Gas Strut For Toyota Sequoia
Of course, the popular Gas-A-Just struts and shocks from KYB are available for the Toyota Sequoia. They have a painted exterior and are available in silver color. Some of their features are as follows:
- These were engineered to be an upgrade over OE shocks. They provide at least 25% more damping.
- The shocks react to load changes and adjust themselves based on the requirements. They are also responsive.
- If you are using your Sequoia for heavy loads and towing, you will be impressed with these shocks. This is because they have a high-pressure design.
- These are monotube shocks that are better in performance than original equipment shocks.
- They are hydraulic and air-free shocks that keep performance consistent.
5. Skyjacker Softride Shocks For Toyota Sequoia – H7062
Gas shocks are great but there are other types of shocks as well, which are very good too. This set from Skyjacker is sure to impress you, we think. Here’s why:
- The shocks have twin-tube construction. They are hydro shocks.
- The valving is sensitive and has multi-stage velocity.
- They have red polyurethane bushings.
- The chrome rod measures 5/8 inches and is hardened.
- Once you install these shocks, you will experience more comfort and a safe ride.
- Handling and safety are also improved.
Finding the best shocks for Toyota Sequoia can be challenging due to the many possibilities on the Internet. We have done our best to filter them out based on experience and reviews. We hope this article serves as a comprehensive guide in helping you purchase the best. If you have any more doubts, please feel free to reach us.