If your Honda Accord is not riding as smoothly as it used to and/or if every ride feels adventurous even when it doesn’t have to be, you need to check the struts and have them replaced.
Typically, OEM struts last for at least 50,000 miles. Maintenance and replacement are recommended once this milestone has been crossed. However, in some cases, depending on the usage, you may have to change the struts earlier. So, we would recommend that you keep an eye for any changes in the ride and feel, and check them out immediately.
Best Struts For Honda Accord – Buying Guide
Those who need new struts for their Honda Accord will find this buying guide very helpful. It has been curated to suit your particular needs. Let’s take a look at the points you should remember while buying the struts:
- It should, of course, be compatible. We cannot tell you how many cases we have had where people ended up buying good but incompatible struts. While most good companies have a return policy, the whole ordeal is quite a waste of time. Checking the model number and the car’s brand before purchase is advisable.
- There are different types of struts – Coilover, pneumatic, and gas. Each of them works differently even though the end result is the same. Gas struts reduce foaming and are highly efficient. Coilover struts work to reduce the shock quite well. Pneumatic struts use oil to perform their job.
- If you want to install the struts yourself, the installation process is something you should pay close attention to. Some struts, called loaded struts, are easy to install. You can simply unbox them and install them directly. Unloaded ones require some preparation and are time-consuming.
- We would also like to shed light on the price of the struts. There are quite a few affordable options that you can pick from. While price is definitely an important factor, we urge you not to go just by the price tag. Compare the features and then take a call.
Best Struts For Honda Accord
Now, let’s go through the choices the market has for us. Our experts have shortlisted them based on various parameters.
1. ECCPP Coilover Struts For Honda Accord – Adjustable
The ECCPP Coilover Struts fit Honda Accord models from 2003 to 2007. This is a complete set with 2 front and 2 rear struts. Following are the set’s features:
- The manufacturers recommend professional installation but if you have experience working with cars, you will be able to do it yourself. The manual is quite helpful.
- You can adjust the struts based on your vehicle’s height and convenience.
- Once installed, you will see a significant improvement in the steering performance. You also won’t have to worry about cornering.
- Other improvements include shorter braking distance, more safety, better braking, and reduced overshoot.
- These are comfort struts that provide a moderate amount of bounce.
2. MOSTPLUS Full Coilover Struts For Honda Accord
We strongly believe that the MOSTPLUS struts are quite underrated. They are coilover struts that promise a comfortable ride even on bouncy roads. Here’s why you should consider buying them:
- They are compatible with 2008 to 2012 Honda Accord models.
- The struts provide non-adjustable damping.
- The top mounts are made of pillow ball designs, promising durability.
- You will face no problems with damping and suspension whatsoever. In fact, they are as precise as they can get.
- The piston rod is dust protected.
- While the damper is not adjustable, the ride height certainly is.
3. KYB SR4076 Struts For Honda Accord
KYB is a name all of us are familiar with. It is a leading supplier of shocks and struts, and barely ever fails to impress. Let’s quickly take a look at what this set of struts offers:
- These are OEM shocks, which means they are direct replacements and meet all OEM standards.
- They have been designed to mimic the ride capabilities and proper ride height of factory standards.
- The parts are pre-assembled and are an exact fit for Honda Accord models.
- The struts come with a coil spring that is resistant to corrosion. It is also heat-treated and fatigue-tested.
- You can use it safely with safety systems such as ESC and ABS so that you drive safely and smoothly.
4. Detroit Axle Rear Strut and Spring Assembly
These struts have been designed for Honda Accord models from 1998 to 2002. Please note that these are only rear struts. If you are looking for front struts too, you should look at a similar pair. Having said that, let’s explore its features:
- The struts come ready to install, straight out of the box. They are designed to OEM standards.
- The set includes everything you need for DIY installation including mounts, springs, etc.
- The coil has a rubber dust boot to protect it from dust.
- They work on a hydraulic circuit system.
- The hollow bumper prevents damage to the components and improves shock absorption.
- They have low spring isolators to ensure that there is no vibration.
5. KYB 341257 – Excel-G Gas Strut For Honda Accord
We are back with KYB but this one’s a different strut. As opposed to all the other coilover struts, this is a gas strut whose main function is to reduce foaming and increase efficiency. Below are reasons why you should buy it:
- This is a twin-tube, gas charged strut with quality that matches OEM standards.
- It has been calibrated to give you factory handling and performance. In some cases, it exceeds the factory standards as well.
- Its piston band has a Teflon coating. It works together with the cylinder to improve durability.
- The piston rod is triple chrome-plated and has multi-lip oil seals. This reduces wear and tear.
- The strut comes with a strut rod guide so that you are able to align the wheels correctly after installation.
You may have noticed that there are slight but significant differences in the struts mentioned above. Some are coilovers while some others are gas charged. We also have a varied price range. This was done on purpose to help you choose the best based on your specific requirements. If you have any questions about any of these products, please feel free to ask us.