Ask any truck owner and they will enunciate the need for a pair of high quality shocks. Shocks are designed not just for a comfortable ride but also to protect the truck’s suspension. During off-roading and towing, their importance goes further up because you need precise control to handle your truck.
Best Shocks For Towing RAM 1500
RAM 1500 owners buy the truck mostly for towing, hauling, and off-road driving. For these purposes, you need specific shocks that can contribute to the performance and provide the control required. Stock shocks do the needful, of course, but when it’s time to change or upgrade them, you can always choose a reliable brand that has shocks specifically for towing and off-roading.
In this article, we will cover a few such options for you.
Best Shocks For Towing RAM 1500 – Buying Guide
There are a few factors that you should consider while purchasing shocks for your RAM 1500. These factors may differ from the standard ones because, as we discussed earlier, the RAM 1500 is a tough truck that is designed to handle rough terrains like a pro.
- Adjustability: Contrary to what you might think, a non-adjustable shock is the better choice for RAM 1500 because it gives you more control under all circumstances. These shocks are suitable for all road conditions and remain consistent.
- Control: Needless to say, control is the most important consideration. The shock absorbers you choose must guarantee better control and smooth movement regardless of the road conditions.
- Riding: A rough ride is not just uncomfortable but also dangerous. Good shocks give you good performance, comfort, consistency, and handling.
- Stability: The shock absorbers must also be able to provide stability during acceleration for smooth transitions.
- Budget: Lastly, no matter how good the shocks are, they must be reasonably priced. Thankfully, there are many options that are great but not heavy on the pocket.
Best Shocks For Towing RAM 1500 – Editor’s Choice
It’s time now to go through the best available options for RAM 1500, specifically for towing. All these recommendations are from our experts.
1. Shock Absorber B8 Rear RAM 1500 4WD
These are Bilstein shocks suitable for 2011 RAM 1500 models. It has a machined exterior and the following features:
- These are rear shocks, designed to perfectly fit your lifted truck.
- Their monotube design promises consistent and smooth performance, which does not fade with time.
- The B8 5100 shocks have some attractive unique features such as a digressive piston and velocity sensitivity. These are the features that let them adjust to various road conditions.
- These have been tuned for towing and hauling, and provide optimal performance accordingly.
- You will notice a significant improvement in comfort, quality, and handling when compared to OE shocks.
2. SENSEN 2251 Full Set of Shocks
This is a full set of front and rear shocks made for Dodge RAM 1500 models from 2006 to 2013. They have a powder-coated exterior along with the following features:
- These shocks will easily restore factory height thanks to their precision design.
- They have been engineered to either meet or exceed OE standards.
- They are certified for quality and safety.
- They are perfect for heavy load hauling and towing purposes.
- You must also note that these shocks are adjustable. So, they will come in handy if you also use your truck for daily driving.
- The shocks are backed by a lifetime warranty.
3. Detroit Axle Replacement Shock Absorbers
Detroit Axle is a leading brand of shocks and struts, known for consistently manufacturing high quality products. This particular set of shocks is for 2006 to 2008 Dodge RAM models – 4 WD and 5 lug wheels. Below are a few more details:
- This is a complete kit that comes with 2 rear shocks and a front strut assembly with coils.
- The kit can be installed straight out of the box. You do not need to make any additional adjustments or use new hardware.
- The shocks have dampening ability.
- They meet or exceed the OE standards.
- The piston is chromium-plated and the body has an electrophoretic coating.
- The low spring isolators minimize vibrations and the hollow bumper protects from external damage.
- These shocks come with a warranty of 10 years.
4. Bilstein 24-187374 – Set of 2 Shock Absorbers
These are rear shocks for 2011 and 2012 models of the RAM 1500. Just like every other Bilstein product, these shocks are reliable and worth consideration due to the following factors:
- They have a monotube design and are OE replacements.
- The shocks are gas-charged. This factor contributes to performance, durability, and better handling.
- All shocks come with shock boots to ease up the installation process.
- Furthermore, the kit includes the necessary installation hardware such as nuts and bushings. You can use the factory bolts as well.
- The shocks have a dividing piston that prevents aeration and loss of viscosity.
- Even when the temperatures rise, the damping capability will remain.
5. Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Kit for Dodge RAM 1500
The last one on our list is yet another product from Bilstein. This is a complete kit with height adjustable shocks that have the following features:
- The front shocks in this kit are adjustable from 0 to 2.75 inches. The rear can go up to 1”.
- These shocks have been engineered specifically for Dodge RAM 1500 4WD models from 2009 to 2014.
- They are designed for towing and hauling purposes only. This is why you can expect a fairly stiff ride.
- They have a multi snap ring groove that helps the spring adjust based on the ride’s height. This may differ from one vehicle to the other.
- These are suitable for SUVs, pickups, etc. where improvement of ride performance is the priority.
- They are backed by a lifetime warranty.
All the shocks on our list are tried and tested, approved by our experts. We have also gone through user reviews to ensure that you only see the best. We urge you to compare the given options and cross-check your needs – that’s the only way to ensure that you end up with the best shocks for your RAM 1500 towing. All the best!