Choosing shocks for Traxxas Slash 2WD can be overwhelming because it is difficult to find something that’s reliable, durable, and delivers high performance. We scanned through numerous options and their reviews to make the buying process easy for you. In this article, we will walk you through the options we think are the best and support our choices with pros and cons.
The fact that there’s so much variety when it comes to shocks for Traxxas Slash 2WD can complicate things. This is why we thought we will start you off with a few tips.
Best Shocks For Traxxas Slash 2wd
Best Shocks For Traxxas Slash 2WD – Buying Guide
We have enlisted a few parameters that you must check without fail to find the right shocks.
- The brand: A popular brand comes with trust and reliability. So, even if it costs a few bucks more, it is always advisable to go with it.
- The performance: Performance is of vital importance when it comes to shocks. Make sure you check the impact on the overall performance – does it remain the same or improve? Is it going to give you OE performance or better?
- The reviews: Reviews on Amazon are almost always genuine. Pick a product with multiple reviews and go through them. It is important to check the negative reviews as well to understand the users’ pain points.
- The price: Last but not the least, you must ensure that the price tag is logical. While you don’t need to be cheap, you also don’t need to spend extravagantly to get high quality shocks. You can achieve a balance by comparing various prices.
Now, we shall walk through some of the shocks we personally like. All of them have the approval of our experts and you can purchase them without any second thoughts!
1. Hobbypark Aluminum Front Rear Shock Absorber
Starting off with an Amazon’s Choice product is always a good idea. That is why we present to you, Hobbypark! Here are the features of this set of front and rear shock absorbers:
- The shocks have aluminum construction and are very durable.
- The total approximate length of the front shocks is 110mm while that of the rear shocks is 115mm.
- They are CNC-machined to be precise and of the exact fit.
- The hole center to hole center measurement is 90mm for the front shocks and 105mm for the rear shocks.
- These are heavy duty shocks that suit off-roads and can withstand big jumps.
2. GLOBACT Aluminum Front and Rear RC Shocks
The next one on our recommendation list is also a complete set of front and rear shocks for the Traxxas Slash 2WD. It comes with the necessary screws and hardware for installation. Read on to find out more:
- The shocks are made of high quality aluminum, which is lightweight and durable.
- All the shock absorbers come with screws.
- They are CNC-machined, promising precision and reliability.
- With these shocks you can expect superior performance as well as durability.
- They can easily absorb high jumps and give you the best experience.
3. Front And Rear RC Shocks Compatible With Traxxas Slash 4×4 2WD
These shocks from HobbyCrawler come with many recommendations because they are known to be very durable. These aesthetic black shocks are compatible with Bandit, Stampede, Rustler, Traxxas, etc. Let’s learn more:
- They are direct replacements for factory shocks.
- They come pre-assembled.
- The tension is adjustable.
- You can enjoy a smooth ride with durability.
- They have an oil-filled style and require you to fill the oil yourself.
- These shocks work to reduce shakes and improve stability.
4. Traxxas 5862 Big Bore Shock Set
These Big Bore Shocks are Amazon’s Choice and have some excellent ratings. They come with everything you need for installation along with springs. Read on for more details:
- The shocks are hard anodized and PTFE-coated.
- They have been designed to withstand high pressure and big jumps.
- The shafts have a titanium-oxide coating that increases durability and allows smooth operation without friction.
- The shocks are pre-assembled.
- They also have the necessary shock oil. You just have to pour it in.
5. HobbyPark Aluminum Front And Rear Shock Absorber
We shall end the same way we started – with an Amazon’s Choice product. This one is also from HobbyPark and consists of 4 pieces for the front and rear. Some of its features are as follows:
- These are full metal shocks, completely made of aluminum.
- They are compatible with Stampede, Rustler, Ford F-150, Raptor, and Traxxas Slash 2WD.
- The shocks come with the necessary screws.
- They are CNC-machined and constructed to absorb big jumps with ease.
- The shocks are not pre-oiled, which means that you must oil them once you receive them.
A shock can make or break your Traxxas Slash 2WD experience. This is why it is necessary to pick a set that is reliable and does the job well. Any of the aforementioned options will fit these requirements. If you have any concerns regarding the same, please feel free to get in touch with us.