The Nissan 350z boasts of a number of things. An excellent suspension is one of them. It is one of the few vehicles that delivers as expected and even exceeds the expectations sometimes.
However, after a point in time, you may want to modify your vehicle and upgrade the suspension to something even better. The good news is that you can! Quality coilovers are easily the better choice for anyone who uses his/her 350z on a regular basis. If you want to upgrade, you can choose from many aftermarket coilovers that are now easily available on the market.
Of course, you run the risk of getting confused due to the many options. To help you, thus, we have shortlisted our favorites. Here you go.
Best 350z coilovers
Below are our top 5 picks based on various parameters.
1. Adjustable Height Coilovers
If you are looking for some flexibility and a significant improvement, you should definitely consider these Adjustable Height Coilovers ZYauto. Some of the features we love are:
- With these coilovers you can lift the car and increase its height. You can also adjust it based on the wheels of your car and the weather conditions so that your vehicle stays protected and performs its best.
- It also offers adjustable pre-load spring tension. Through this feature you can drive your car comfortable in all road conditions.
- It has a pillow ball top mount that reduces sound and improves the steering experience.
- All the inserts in this package are protected by rubber boots so that the damper stays clean. The damper is, however, not adjustable.
- All components are made of aluminum, which is very durable.
- Improves performance and handling
- Does not sacrifice comfort while riding
- Easy to install
- No instructions
- A few users would like them to be slightly higher, especially in the rear
2. Truhart Street Plus Coilovers
Truhart is one of the more popular manufacturers of coilovers out there. Their products are known to be sturdy and durable. They also have quite a few attractive features such as the following:
- These coilovers are adjustable. You can change the height from -0.5 to -4 inches based on your preferences.
- The struts are coated with zinc so that they stay protected from corrosion.
- Those who want a sporty ride will love these coilovers. The best part is that even though it will be sporty, the ride will be easily steerable.
- The lower mounts are adjustable as well, allowing you to keep the spring travel intact as you adjust the height. The top mounts are solid.
- They allow a smooth, comfortable ride.
- They do not rub on bumps
- They work great and as expected
- Can be hard to adjust
- Do not provide any significant improvement in the ride quality
3. Adjustable Height Coilovers – Complete Kit
Here’s another set of coilovers from ZYauto that we recommend. They have also received excellent feedback from users and our experts have tried and tested them for you. Some of the top features that you should be excited about are:
- The coilovers lend the feature of height adjustment, which means that you can change the height based on your ride preferences and the weather.
- The damper is also adjustable in this case. In fact, you can tune the damper force in 24 different ways. No matter the road condition, there’s a setting for it!
- This coilover is an improvement on the original (Factory suspension).
- The camber plate is not adjustable.
- The components are sturdy and provide extra hardness and strength because they are made out of 6063 aluminum.
- Adjustable damper
- Good quality
- Improved ride quality
- Can be noisy
4. Coilovers with Adjustable Height – Tuningsworld
This is a set of front and rear coilovers for 350z models from 2003 to 2008. We advise you to check the fitment for your particular model before you go ahead with the purchase. But, why should you consider it in the first place? The answers are in the features:
- The coilovers have an adjustable height. But the damper and camber plate cannot be adjusted.
- The front spring rate is 10 kg/mm while the rear spring rate is 7 kg/mm.
- The coilovers will work on any road conditions including daily driving, fast tracks, drifts, etc.
- The pillow ball mount in the product eliminates noise.
- The coilovers are said to improve riding performance.
- Provide a comfortable ride
- They are easily adjustable
- Professional installation is recommended
5. MaXpeedingrods Coilovers
Here’s another popular coilover kit that you can try out. It may not be as popular as the others but a few users are quite happy with their purchase. Let’s take a look at its features:
- It has a good front and rear spring rate at 10 kg/mm and 7 kg/mm respectively.
- Its height is easily adjustable.
- The damper and the camber plate cannot be adjusted.
- The package consists of a couple of spanners and 2 front and 2 rear pieces.
- You can enjoy a good ride on any road conditions.
- Improves the appearance of the vehicle
- Easy installation
- May not be long lasting
Make sure you compare all these options in order to make the best choice.
While searching for the best coilovers, we are positive that you will have a few questions about them. We have answered some of the most common ones here:
Do coilovers improve ride quality?
Yes, good coilovers will improve performance and ride quality to an extent.
Are coilovers bad for your car?
One of the downsides of using coilovers is that you run the risk of your car hitting speed bumps or the ground on bad roads. A few good ones have been able to solve this problem but it doesn’t stand true for all coilovers.
Are coilovers better than shocks?
Coilovers are known to provide more stability on tracks. But if you are a daily driver, you will do better with lowered springs.
Why are coilovers do expensive?
Their price tag is quite intimidating because coilovers need to be engineered through a special process so that they fit bolt-on. Regular ones that are not bolt-on, are not very expensive.
What kind of a suspension does 350z have?
The 350z has aluminum suspension components.
Are coilovers good for daily driving?
No, coilovers will not suit daily drivers. They are for tracks.
How many miles do coilovers last?
Good coilovers can easily last for around 50,000 miles.
Can you install coilovers yourself?
If the coilovers are pre-assembled, you won’t have problems. But a few manufacturers recommend professional installation. So, make sure you check the instructions before doing it yourself.
Why are my coilovers clunking?
Clunking can be an indication of coilovers gone bad and in need of maintenance.
We hope you found this article helpful. We tried to cover almost all common points and questions about coilovers. We also hope you were able to find the best coilover for your 350z from our list. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk to us.