Coilovers are an essential part of the vehicle because they support every wheel, reduce body roll during turns, and keep the chassis in place. After a period of time, though, they may succumb to wear & tear, and require a change.
There are multiple options of coilovers on the market today but D2 coilovers keep making an appearance. They are quite popular because of their quality. If you are confused and do not know whether it is are good, we invite you to go through this review.
D2 coilovers review – the features
This is a set of 4 coilovers designed specifically for the 1988 to 1996 BMW 5-Series vehicles. They are for front right & left and rear right & left. Let’s take a look at its main features:
- This is a complete coilover system with a 36-way damper. It has a rebound adjustable monotube.
- The monotube design keeps the gas and oil separated.
- It has multiple dampening adjustment keys. You can also adjust the height and preloads so that you get the optimal height based on your requirements.
- The mounts of the coilovers are made of powder-coated aluminum.
- The threads are made out of Teflon and are rust-resistant.
- It allows full strut travel.
- It also works to increase the life of shock absorbers with the help of dust boots.
- These are lightweight coilovers that are easy to install.
- Stiff and comfortable at the same time
- Good quality dampeners
- Better handling
- Might feel too stiff on bumpy terrains
D2 coilovers review – the verdict
From the data above, we are sure you were able to garner that D2 coilovers are a good choice. They work very well and are quite durable. They also support uneven terrains. The only downside here is that they are on the expensive side. Are they worth the price tag though? We think so. They can be your one-time purchase that will last long and not give you any trouble in the long run. If these are the features you are prioritizing, you should invest in these coilovers.
People also ask
Now, let’s take a look at a few FAQs.
1) Are D2 coilovers any good?
D2 coilovers are among the best on the market today.
2) How do you lower D2 coilovers?
You just need to loosen the lower collar lock and turn the spring perch clockwise using a spanner.
3) What are the benefits of coilovers?
- Excellent height adjustability
- Good Handling
4) Are coilovers necessary?
The answer to this question depends on the type of vehicle you have. If it is for circuit laps, you definitely need coilovers.
5) Are coilovers worth it for daily driving?
No, they are not. We do not recommend coilovers for daily driving.
6) How many miles do coilovers last?
Good coilovers will last for around 150,000 miles.
7) Can coilovers be comfortable?
Yes, they can be at a regular ride height. If you lower the height, the stiffness will increase and the comfort will decrease.
If you are able to afford it, there is no reason why you shouldn’t buy D2 racing coilovers. They are extremely good and satisfy the expectations of racing. If you have any questions that you would like answered before making your purchase, please feel free to talk to us.