- Worn-out or failed shocks can quickly change your mood while driving. What’s usually a calming, fun experience can turn into a disaster if your shocks don’t work properly. This is why it is very important that you replace them immediately. But, is bad driving experience the only sign that your shocks are nearing their end? Not really. Here are a few more alarm bells:
Worn-out or failed shocks can quickly change your mood while driving. What’s usually a calming, fun experience can turn into a disaster if your shocks don’t work properly. This is why it is very important that you replace them immediately. But, is bad driving experience the only sign that your shocks are nearing their end? Not really. Here are a few more alarm bells:
- Oil leakage from the shaft
- Front or rear bumper bouncing
- Broken mounts
- Broken bushings
- Sticky shocks when they are cycled
|Product No.||Shocks for F150 2WD||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
Best Shocks for F150 2WD
Before we get into the specifics to help you choose the best shocks, we would like to emphasize that different shocks serve different purposes. What’s excellent for off-road trails may not really be the answer for highways. The same holds true for towing trucks and heavy-duty operations. To avoid purchasing the wrong shocks, you should evaluate your needs and your budget. Then, you can go ahead and buy the best in your category. To make this decision easy for you, we have listed our top 5 here. Keep reading!
1. Bilstein 24-013284 Front Shock For Ford F150 2WD
This particular shock from Bilstein is the 4600 Monotube Gas OEM model that’s suitable for commuting, streets, and highway driving. It is designed as an upgrade for SUVGs and light trucks. A few of its biggest highlights are as follows:
- The monotube design helps deliver consistent performance without any fading.
- The shocks have a digressive piston that adjusts according to road conditions.
- They promise to improve comfort, handling, and ride quality.
- They are easy to install.
- This particular item is not a set. If you would like to buy front and rear shocks, you have to buy them separately.
- They are mainly for 1980 and 1981 Ford Bronco models, but we request you to check with the manufacturer about compatibility with the other models.
The KYB Monomax shocks are also suitable for highway commute and street driving. It is a set of gas shocks that can be the perfect replacement for your worn-out shocks. Why must you buy them? You are about to find out.
- They are ideal for 93-96 Ford models.
- They are an OEM level shock absorber.
- They are a set of front and rear shocks, which means you don’t have to buy each separately.
- If you are looking for a simple replacement of your existing shocks so that all the factory characteristics come back, there’s no better option than the KYB Monomax shocks. They don’t really bring in additional features. They just give you the performance and experience that came with the truck.
Here’s a set of bestselling shocks that you can’t refuse. They are reliable, easy to install, and affordable at the same time. What’s else? Keep reading to know:
- They are precision designed so that they restore factory ride height without problems.
- Every component meets the OE specifications not just in fit but also in function.
- The shocks are known to provide better control, comfort, durability, and maximum performance.
- The strut is nitrogen gas charged with a twin-tube design.
- This is a set of shocks and struts only. You will have to buy insulators, coil springs, bearing plate, top mount, etc. separately.
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty that you can avail if you are not satisfied or face any problems.
There’s no way Fox can be left behind in a discussion about shocks. The Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks are your best bet if you have any Ford F150 model from 2009-2016. Another exciting feature is that these fit 2WD and 4WD with similar ease. Let’s explore a few more features:
- This is a pair of rear shocks with a seamless aluminum alloy body, which never rusts. It works to increase its cooling capacity.
- They are monotube gas charged. You can also recharge them and rebuild them whenever the need arises.
- The set also comes with all the necessary bushings, washers, and nuts that you need to install the shocks. You can reuse the factory shock bolts.
- These shocks take care of on-road rides and off-road handling with utmost ease regardless of the conditions.
- The internal floating piston (IFP) keeps the oil away from the gas chamber. It also eliminates aeration of the oil so that performance stays at its peak at all times.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year limited warranty against premature failure and defects.
Bilstein is a leader when it comes to shocks and struts. That’s why another one of its products has made it to our top 5! This particular set of shocks, coupled with struts, is most suitable for off-road trails. Some of its features are as follows:
- The set contains 2 front struts with springs and 2 rear shocks.
- It is the right option for 15-18 Ford vehicles (F150 2WD).
- It provides excellent suspension.
- It has a 60mm digressive piston that ensures better damping control.
- Its monotube has a nitrogen gas design that makes it durable and long-lasting.
- The shocks react perfectly to changing road conditions to provide excellent stability and a controlled ride.
- The dividing piston eliminates aeration and avoids the loss of viscosity.
- These shocks are covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
6. SkyJacker H7000 Shocks – Front and rear set
The SkyJacker Hydro 7000 shocks are designed for Ford vehicles manufactured between 1997 and 2003. It is a set of front and rear shocks that provide around 0 to 1 inches of lift. Let’s find out more.
- They are meant to fine-tune the handling of the vehicle and provide a smooth ride.
- They work well on-road and off-road and have the capacity to adjust to different driving conditions. This means that even if the road is tough, your ride will be smooth.
- The shocks have velocity-sensitive and multi-stage valving. It also adjusts automatically to the speed you are driving in.
- The twin-tube construction of these shocks and the heavy-duty roads add smoothness.
- All sets come with boots and bushings.
- No matter how much lifting you prefer, these shocks will handle it.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
7. KYB MonoMax Gas Shock
KYB has always been a leader in producing good quality shock absorbers. This one right here can be the perfect one for your Ford F150 2WD, especially if it sees tough conditions on a regular basis. Below are reasons why you should buy it:
- Once you get these shock absorbers, you will see a 40% upgrade in the performance, especially when compared to standard shocks.
- The suspension performance will see a significant improvement.
- The piston ring is made of stainless steel and is coated with zinc. This ensures a positive seal even in harsh conditions.
- The boot is made out of rubber, and it works to protect the shaft. It also keeps the dirt away.
- The shocks have been designed to suit all driving conditions. They do well to adjust based on the situation.
- They provide higher stability to ease handling and control.
- These shocks are also known to be very durable.
You may have noticed by now that all these shocks for F150 2WD promise either an upgrade or a factory restoration. You may have also noted that they each serve a specific function. We would like to reiterate our initial point here about choosing shocks on the basis of your requirement and not just because you think they are the best. What’s excellent for someone else’s truck may be useless for you because your needs are different.
Answer these questions before you finalize the shocks
We mentioned at the beginning of the article that the right shock absorbers for you would depend on multiple factors. One of these is the usage. What do you use your Ford F150 for? If there are different reasons, list them down and categorize them as primary and secondary uses. Then answer the following:
- Is it for street driving or highway driving? Or do you use it just for the commute?
- List these in the order of frequency: Sand dune, trail, off-road.
- Will it carry heavy loads? If yes, what kind?
- Do you want to buy budget shocks and replace them later or do you want to go high-end?
Once you have the answers, choosing one from our list will be a piece of cake.
We urge you to compare the price, purpose, and features of all the aforementioned shocks before concluding. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us through comments.