Many people don’t really think about it, but shocks are an essential part of a vehicle. They absorb shock during commute and improve the suspension. Without shock absorbers, even a highway would feel like the worst road in the world! But, that’s not it. Shocks do more than just promise a smooth ride (which, we admit is crucial on its own). Shocks work to protect your tires so that they last longer, make sure the brakes function properly, and prevent accidents.
|Shocks for GMC Yukon
This is why nothing should ever make you compromise on a shock absorber. As the title suggests, we are here to discuss the best shocks for GMC Yukon in particular. We received quite a few queries about it in the past and thought we would come up with a guide to help you out. Let’s start then.
Best Shocks for GMC Yukon
1. SCITOO Shocks, Front Rear Gas Struts Shock Absorbers (set of 4)
Compatible with a variety of cars, these versatile shocks from SCITOO have managed to make quite a mark in the market. The pack comes in 2 pairs: 1 for the front and 1 for the rear. They are safe and easy to install, and have multiple features, which we will explore now:
- They boast of high precision. So, you don’t have to worry about the deviation. The mounting holes are accurate to ensure easy installation.
- You will forget that your vehicle ever had vibration issues once you install these shock absorbers.
- The company vouches for the quality of its shocks and promises that each of them has gone through rigorous tests.
- The shocks are resistant to corrosion. They also have anti-fracture properties.
- They are designed to eliminate the risk of leakage completely.
- They curb unnecessary noise, as well.
- The shocks come with a 12-month warranty.
2. Maxorber Rear Set Shocks for GMC Yukon
Among the more popular ones in the market, Maxorber shocks protect the car and ensure controlled performance. Users have nothing but good things to say about them Let’s find out why they are worth your buck now:
- They have chrome piston rods that provide dampening power.
- They have a premium quality finishing, which ensures that they don’t rust.
- Improved stability, steering, and stopping are a few of the main features.
- The oil seals are of great quality, made in Japan. This implies that they are durable, reliable, and make absolutely no squeaking noise.
- The set only has shock absorbers. It does not come with mounts or springs.
- While the shocks are compatible with many vehicles, we advise you to check before you purchase. This will avoid pointless frustration.
3. WULF 200-2006 Chevy GMC Tahoe Yukon Lift Kit with Extended Shocks
As the name suggests, this is a complete kit. In other words, it is a complete solution for your shock absorbing needs. That’s probably why the WULF shocks with lift kit are a popular choice among GMC Yukon owners. Here are a few of its top features:
- It has specific compatibility instructions. The lift kit and extended shocks have been designed only for 2000-2006 Chevy Chevrolet GM GMC Tahoe Yukon 2 WD 4×4. If you have any other model or car, we urge you to look at the other options on this list.
- The kit consists of an adjustable torsion key lift kit, front and rear extended nitrogen shocks, and rear coil spacers.
- The lift kit lets you adjust the height between 1 and 3 inches.
- The kit comes with detailed instructions about installation. So, you don’t have to worry about the process. It is easy!
- The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty, which is a stamp of trust.
4. Vekwena Front Pair Shocks for GMC Yukon
This kit includes 2 pieces of shock absorbers for your GMC Yukon. But, remember that it does not come with springs. Installation is a piece of cake because the buckle holes are designed to fit perfectly with the mounting points. What are its other features? Let’s find out:
- The two pieces of shock absorbers are for the front side only.
- The shocks are made of top-grade industrial material for added durability, reliability, and longevity.
- The shocks are live tested before they are sent for sale, which means you can expect top performance from them.
- The installation takes only a few minutes because all you have to do is remove the old shocks and place the new ones in the same location.
- The manufacturers offer a limited warranty for all the components.
5. 2007-2013 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Front Quick Complete Struts & Rear Shocks Bundle (Set of 4)
They say we should never go by the cover of a book or even its title! But, in this case, we urge you to read the title carefully because it describes exactly what you can expect. These strut shock absorbers are ready-to-install, durable options that can change the entire performance of your vehicle. Let’s take a look at their other features:
- This is a set of 4 – 2 shocks for the front and 2 for the rear.
- They are ideal only for cars with wheels smaller than 22 inches. Anything larger would be problematic.
- They work well with models that have electric and magnetic suspension.
- The installation process is a breeze.
- The shock kit comes with a warranty of 1 year.
6. New Bilstein Front and Rear Shocks
We don’t remember a time when Bilstein was out of a “top shock absorber” race! For a very long time, it has been among the best options available for various vehicles and this one is no exception at all. Let’s find out why:
- This is a set of 4 shocks for the front and rear.
- The shock absorbers have been designed to help improve the performance of your vehicle while safeguarding the comfort level.
- They have superior control especially when compared to standard shocks. The patented Bilstein design ensures that you ride smoothly on different types of trails and roads.
- This is a cost-effective upgrade that will extend the life of your vehicle significantly.
- The installation process is easy because they are an exact fit for GMC Yukon.
- Once you install these shocks, you will experience a smoother ride.
7. Rear Air Ride Suspension Shocks for GMC Yukon
If you are only looking for rear shocks for your GMC Yukon, you can purchase this set of 2. These air ride suspension shocks are reliable and fit perfectly. Here are a few more reasons why we love them:
- These shock absorbers fit the auto-ride models but if you have a 4MATIC or active body control, you should look at other shocks.
- These air suspension shocks promise to improve handling and ride.
- They are built to at least match OEM specifications. In most cases, they exceed OEM performance.
- All the components are reliable and of great quality. They are CNC-machined.
- The only thing you should remember here is that installation can be slightly difficult. The shocks don’t come with installation instructions, which is why having a professional do it is ideal.
8. Pair Autoride Rear Shock Absorbers
These are rear shock absorbers as well, but they are air shocks. They are guaranteed to fit your GMC Yukon perfectly, enabling easy installation. Here are a few more features that you should know about:
- They are 100% new and quality-tested. They meet all OEM specifications and many times, exceed the expectations.
- The CNC-machined components ensure long life and durability.
- The shocks are known to improve handling and ride quality. You will also see a boost in performance.
- Arnott offers a lifetime and unlimited warranty against mileage. Besides that, you have a one-year warranty to take advantage of.
- The compressor assembly is easy.
- The shocks are very fairly priced.
How to choose shocks for GMC Yukon
When it comes to choosing shock absorbers, a number of factors weigh in. The most important one among them is the requirement. Why are you changing the shocks or upgrading to new ones? If it is because the factory ones are worn-out, you can simply buy good factory replacement shocks. But, if you need an upgrade, you should stop for a while and think about the purpose of your ride. Below are a few pointers to help you:
- What is the main purpose of your drive? Is it for normal highway driving, regular commuting, or complete off-roading?
- Do you carry heavy loads in your vehicle?
- Are the trails often bumpy and uneven?
Answering these questions will help you decide what type of shocks and struts to purchase.
1) Is a GMC Yukon a good car?
Yes, it is a powerful and large SUV with V8 engines. It is definitely a good car.
2) How many miles will a GMC Yukon last?
Your GMC Yukon will be your friend for around 200,000 miles. If you take good care of it, it can exceed this average.
3) Will better shocks improve ride quality of GMC Yukon?
Yes, better shocks will improve ride quality as well as the overall performance of the vehicle.
4) Do you need an alignment after replacing shocks of GMC Yukon?
It is not mandatory but checking the alignment and adjusting it after installation is always a good idea.
There you go! This guide should positively end your concerns and confusion about the best shocks for GMC Yukon. If you still have questions, please feel free to Comment. Have fun shopping!