Many people don’t really think about it, but shocks are an essential part of a vehicle. They absorb shock during commute and improve the suspension. Without shock absorbers, even a highway would feel like the worst road in the world! But, that’s not it. Shocks do more than just promise a smooth ride (which, we admit is crucial on its own). Shocks work to protect your tires so that they last longer, make sure the brakes function properly, and prevent accidents.
This is why nothing should ever make you compromise on a shock absorber. As the title suggests, we are here to discuss the best shocks for GMC Yukon in particular. We received quite a few queries about it in the past and thought we would come up with a guide to help you out. Let’s start then.
Best Shocks for GMC Yukon
1. SCITOO Shocks, Front Rear Gas Struts Shock Absorbers (set of 4)
Compatible with a variety of cars, these versatile shocks from SCITOO have managed to make quite a mark in the market. The pack comes in 2 pairs: 1 for the front and 1 for the rear. They are safe and easy to install, and have multiple features, which we will explore now:
- They boast of high precision. So, you don’t have to worry about the deviation. The mounting holes are accurate to ensure easy installation.
- You will forget that your vehicle ever had vibration issues once you install these shocks.
- The company vouches for the quality of its shocks and promises that each of them has gone through rigorous tests.
- The shocks are resistant to corrosion. They also have anti-fracture properties.
- They are designed to eliminate the risk of leakage completely.
- They curb unnecessary noise, as well.
- The shocks come with a 12-month warranty.
2. Maxorber Rear Set Shocks for GMC Yukon
Among the more popular ones in the market, Maxorber shocks protect the car and ensure controlled performance. Users have nothing but good things to say about them Let’s find out why they are worth your buck now:
- They have chrome piston rods that provide dampening power.
- They have a premium quality finishing, which ensures that they don’t rust.
- Improved stability, steering, and stopping are a few of the main features.
- The oil seals are of great quality, made in Japan. This implies that they are durable, reliable, and make absolutely no squeaking noise.
- The set only has shock absorbers. It does not come with mounts or springs.
- While the shocks are compatible with many vehicles, we advise you to check before you purchase. This will avoid pointless frustration.
3. WULF 200-2006 Chevy GMC Tahoe Yukon Lift Kit with Extended Shocks
As the name suggests, this is a complete kit. In other words, it is a complete solution for your shock absorbing needs. That’s probably why the WULF shocks with lift kit are a popular choice among GMC Yukon owners. Here are a few of its top features:
- It has specific compatibility instructions. The lift kit and extended shocks have been designed only for 2000-2006 Chevy Chevrolet GM GMC Tahoe Yukon 2 WD 4×4. If you have any other model or car, we urge you to look at the other options on this list.
- The kit consists of an adjustable torsion key lift kit, front and rear extended nitrogen shocks, and rear coil spacers.
- The lift kit lets you adjust the height between 1 and 3 inches.
- The kit comes with detailed instructions about installation. So, you don’t have to worry about the process. It is easy!
- The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty, which is a stamp of trust.
4. Vekwena Front Pair Shocks for GMC Yukon
This kit includes 2 pieces of shock absorbers for your GMC Yukon. But, remember that it does not come with springs. Installation is a piece of cake because the buckle holes are designed to fit perfectly with the mounting points. What are its other features? Let’s find out:
- The two pieces of shock absorbers are for the front side only.
- The shocks are made of top-grade industrial material for added durability, reliability, and longevity.
- The shocks are live tested before they are sent for sale, which means you can expect top performance from them.
- The installation takes only a few minutes because all you have to do is remove the old shocks and place the new ones in the same location.
- The manufacturers offer a limited warranty for all the components.
5. 2007-2013 GMC Yukon XL 1500 Front Quick Complete Struts & Rear Shocks Bundle (Set of 4)
They say we should never go by the cover of a book or even its title! But, in this case, we urge you to read the title carefully because it describes exactly what you can expect. These strut shocks are ready-to-install, durable options that can change the entire performance of your vehicle. Let’s take a look at their other features:
- This is a set of 4 – 2 shocks for the front and 2 for the rear.
- They are ideal only for cars with wheels smaller than 22 inches. Anything larger would be problematic.
- They work well with models that have electric and magnetic suspension.
- The installation process is a breeze.
- The shock kit comes with a warranty of 1 year.
There you go! This guide should positively end your concerns and confusion about the best shocks for GMC Yukon. If you still have questions, please feel free to Comment. Have fun shopping!