Replacing worn out shocks is van 101. It is crucial and needs to be done regularly to avoid any problems. Old and damaged shocks can cause more damage to the vehicle and endanger the ride quality. This is why it is best to attack the problem in the bud stage and get rid of it.
|Product No.||Shocks for Chevy Express Van||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
About Chevy Express
Chevy Express or the GMC Savana came into existence in 1996 as full-sized vans. To this day, the same model is being produced and sold. This shows just how reliable the van is and how popular it is among users. It was only many years later in 2003 that the van went through some significant changes such as the mid-cycle revision. However, no new models were released.
If you have one of these vans, you are lucky because it is a great choice – functional and aesthetic.
Best shocks for Chevy Express Van – Buying guide
Here, we shall take a look at some of the things you should remember while buying shocks for your Chevy Express.
- Go through the owner’s manual of your van. You will find enough information about the type of shocks that are the already installed and which shocks you should purchase. This will give you a clear idea about where you should search and what you should look for. If you ignore this, you will end up with the wrong shocks that won’t fit your van.
- Make sure they are easy to install. This is especially important if you want to do it yourself. Most good shocks come with bolt-on installation with pre-marked holes in accordance with the vehicle. These are the shocks you should look for. The others might take longer to install or you may need expert help. That’s added expense and inconvenience.
- Another important factor is the type of shocks you should buy. There are many options out there – twin-tube, monotube, air shocks, overload shocks, standard shocks, etc. You can pick out anything based on what your requirements are – smooth ride, better performance, off-roading, etc.
Much like everything else, replacement shocks are quite easily available on the market. If you search for your van’s model, you will find suitable options. But these options can be confusing. You may wonder how to choose from the popular ones. Well, that’s why we are here! Our experts have curated a list of the best shocks for Chevy Express Van so that you don’t have to search any longer.
Here you go!
Best shocks for Chevy Express Van
1. Monroe Load Adjust Shock
Monroe is a leader in the shock absorber industry. Its shocks are known for their reliability among other things. Let’s take a closer look:
- The shocks contain modifiers that work to remove friction. This enables smooth rod reaction.
- You can enjoy full displaced valving with these shocks, which means that it will adjust to the road and provide smoothness throughout.
- The shocks’ banded piston ensures adequate sealing so that it lasts longer and gives you better control.
- They have a heavy gauge spring that is calibrated to give a balance of comfort and control.
- You can maintain ride height even with 1,100 lbs. of additional weight.
- These shocks are perfect for light trucks that are used to carry loads and tow trailers.
2. Bilstein Shocks for Chevy Express Van
If there are any shocks that have performed consistently and barely ever disappointed, they are Bilstein Shocks. Most users are happy with them and have sworn that they last very long. Here are a few reasons why we were impressed as well:
- They are designed to improve the overall performance of vehicles.
- They have a monotube design to ensure that the performance is great at all times.
- They are velocity-sensitive and have a digressive piston. Together, they sustain in all road conditions and deliver a comfortable ride.
- You will notice an enhancement in ride quality and comfort at the same time.
- They are excellent even for heavy vehicles.
3. Gabriel ProGuard Shocks
Gabriel Shocks have emerged as affordable and reliable shock absorbers that deliver what they promise. They have been designed specifically for Chevrolet models including Chevy Express. A few of their highlights are as follows:
- They have been engineered to provide comfort in vans, SUVs, and trucks.
- These shocks have a piston seal that eliminates oil bypass. This is important for better control and overall performance.
- They also have a reservoir tube that keeps it cool and increases its shelf life.
- The oil seal promises low friction. When the friction is low, the shocks perform better.
- It is resistant to corrosion thanks to its chrome piston rod.
4. Shocks Struts – SCITOO Store
If you are looking for high precision equipment, you should definitely check these shocks out. They are very easy to install and come with the following features:
- The shocks avoid leakage and unnecessary noise because they are welded and shut tightly.
- They ensure reduced deviation and remove vibrations during the ride.
- They are resistant to corrosion.
- The manufacturers guarantee exact fit with no requirement for adjustments.
- They are nitrogen gas charged.
- They come with a 1-year warranty.
5. KYB Shock Absorbers for Chevy Express Van
KYB is a very familiar name in the auto-space. And why shouldn’t it be? It delivers nothing short of awesome quality shocks. This set of 4 pieces is proof of the same for the following reasons.
- These are monotube shocks that are engineered to be the right fit.
- The shocks have the capacity to adjust automatically to road conditions. You don’t have to worry regardless of the road you tread on.
- You will experience a firm ride once you install these shocks.
- No more shock fade due to aeration.
- You get a lifetime warranty with these shocks. So, if you are unhappy, you can always have them fixed.
People also ask
Now, we shall answer a few questions about Chevy Express.
1) Are Chevy Express Vans reliable?
Yes, they are reliable.
2) Which is better – Bilstein or Monroe?
They are both considered good shocks. You can choose either of them and you will be happy with your choice.
3) Which is better – gas or oil filled shocks?
We suggest that you choose gas shocks. They use nitrogen, which is a cold gas. It is very safe and reliable.
4) Are gas shocks better than regular shocks?
Yes, they are.
5) Are twin-tube shocks good?
Monotube shocks are more reliable because they separate oil and gas efficiently. Twin-tube shocks are not that reliable.
Make sure you compare all these options and pick what suits your requirements the best. Rest assured, they are all good!
If you have any questions or doubts about these shock absorbers, please get in touch with us.