Replacing worn out shocks is van 101. It is crucial and needs to be done regularly to avoid any problems. Old and damaged shocks can cause more damage to the vehicle and endanger the ride quality. This is why it is best to attack the problem in the bud stage and get rid of it.
Much like everything else, replacement shocks are quite easily available on the market. If you search for your van’s model, you will find suitable options. But these options can be confusing. You may wonder how to choose from the popular ones. Well, that’s why we are here! Our experts have curated a list of the best shocks for Chevy Express Van so that you don’t have to search any longer.
Here you go!
Best shocks for Chevy Express Van
1. Monroe Load Adjust Shock
Monroe is a leader in the shock absorber industry. Its shocks are known for their reliability among other things. Let’s take a closer look:
- The shocks contain modifiers that work to remove friction. This enables smooth rod reaction.
- You can enjoy full displaced valving with these shocks, which means that it will adjust to the road and provide smoothness throughout.
- The shocks’ banded piston ensures adequate sealing so that it lasts longer and gives you better control.
- They have a heavy gauge spring that is calibrated to give a balance of comfort and control.
- You can maintain ride height even with 1,100 lbs. of additional weight.
- These shocks are perfect for light trucks that are used to carry loads and tow trailers.
- Significant improvement in ride quality
- Needs more space
2. Bilstein Shocks
If there are any shocks that have performed consistently and barely ever disappointed, they are Bilstein Shocks. Most users are happy with them and have sworn that they last very long. Here are a few reasons why we were impressed as well:
- They are designed to improve the overall performance of vehicles.
- They have a monotube design to ensure that the performance is great at all times.
- They are velocity-sensitive and have a digressive piston. Together, they sustain in all road conditions and deliver a comfortable ride.
- You will notice an enhancement in ride quality and comfort at the same time.
- They are excellent even for heavy vehicles.
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to install
- Not pre-compressed
3. Gabriel ProGuard Shocks
Gabriel Shocks have emerged as affordable and reliable shock absorbers that deliver what they promise. They have been designed specifically for Chevrolet models including Chevy Express. A few of their highlights are as follows:
- They have been engineered to provide comfort in vans, SUVs, and trucks.
- These shocks have a piston seal that eliminates oil bypass. This is important for better control and overall performance.
- They also have a reservoir tube that keeps it cool and increases its shelf life.
- The oil seal promises low friction. When the friction is low, the shocks perform better.
- It is resistant to corrosion thanks to its chrome piston rod.
- Well priced
- Fits perfectly
- May not be as durable as the others
4. Shocks Struts – SCITOO Store
If you are looking for high precision equipment, you should definitely check these shocks out. They are very easy to install and come with the following features:
- The shocks avoid leakage and unnecessary noise because they are welded and shut tightly.
- They ensure reduced deviation and remove vibrations during the ride.
- They are resistant to corrosion.
- The manufacturers guarantee exact fit with no requirement for adjustments.
- They are nitrogen gas charged.
- They come with a 1-year warranty.
- Fit well
- Easy to install
- Not very durable
5. KYB Shock Absorbers – 4 pieces
KYB is a very familiar name in the auto-space. And why shouldn’t it be? It delivers nothing short of awesome quality shocks. This set of 4 pieces is proof of the same for the following reasons.
- These are monotube shocks that are engineered to be the right fit.
- The shocks have the capacity to adjust automatically to road conditions. You don’t have to worry regardless of the road you tread on.
- You will experience a firm ride once you install these shocks.
- No more shock fade due to aeration.
- You get a lifetime warranty with these shocks. So, if you are unhappy, you can always have them fixed.
- Exact fit
- Slightly expensive
Make sure you compare all these options and pick what suits your requirements the best. Rest assured, they are all good!
If you have any questions or doubts about these shock absorbers, please get in touch with us.