What does the lack of a good shock absorber do? It ruins your entire travel experience.
You may have the best truck in the world, but if the shocks are old, of bad quality, or faulty, you will curse every single bump and pothole along the way. Good shock absorbers, barely if ever, make us realize how inconvenience these hindrances are. That’s why it is important to choose a good shock right from the start.
While talking about the good or popular ones, Monroe Gas Magnum Shocks keep making an appearance. They are known to be quite reliable. But, we received multiple requests about the same
and decided to do a detailed review to help potential buyers. In this article, we shall explore the pros and cons to determine whether the shocks are worthy of their name. Let’s begin.
Monroe Gas Magnum Shocks Review
This particular shock absorber is designed for mid-sized and full-sized pick-up vans and trucks. The units provide excellent control to ensure a smooth ride, even amidst bumps. Here are a few of its highlights:
- The bore measures 1-3/8 inches and has low operating pressure, especially when compared to the standard bores.
- The reserve tube measures 2 inches. It can hold and more fluid, enabling enhanced performance.
- The 5/8-inch piston rod has a heavy-duty nitro carburized construction for durability.
- This is an individual shock. If you want a set, you will have to buy them separately.
- Remember that these shocks only fit specific pick-up trucks and vans. Make sure you crosscheck the model number of your vehicle before you purchase.
- A few users have complained that they are not as durable as their competitors. However, we think this is a rare complaint.
- The shocks tend to start rusting within a few months.
Monroe Shock Absorber – Final verdict
For the price, we think this is an excellent product. If these shocks work even for a year, you will get your money’s worth. Having said that, if you want a more durable absorber that doesn’t give you replacement headaches within a year or so, you may want to choose other, more expensive options.
We hope this review helps you make the right choice. Do let us know your thoughts of the same through Comments!