After getting your truck lowered, are you facing weird problems such as wobbling, lack of control, and bouncing? These are signs that you need new shocks.
Lowered trucks are ideal for multiple situations but they can be dangerous if you are unable to steer and navigate properly. This is why buying the best shocks for lowered trucks is very important. In this article, we will speak about our favorites so that the buying process is easy for you.
Best shocks for lowered trucks – Editor’s picks
1. Belltech 2212FF – Street Performance Shock Absorbers
Belltech is among the more well-known brands when it comes to excellent shocks. They are known to manufacture high-quality shocks that last a long time. Let’s take a closer look at this model:
- They are premium performance-driven shock absorbers.
- The shocks have an oversized construction that provides superior damping control.
- You can use them seamlessly on larger tires and wheels. This provides more contact area.
- The manufacturers promise OEM ride quality with more comfort and control.
- You don’t have to worry about fitment at all. They fit perfectly. The only thing to make sure is to check the fitment of your vehicle and model number.
- Better performance than OE
- Smooth ride and performance
2. RTZ – Nitrogen Gas Charged Shocks for lowered trucks
If you are looking for a good set of shocks that are easy to install, the RTZ ones will serve your purpose very well. Here’s why we think you should buy them:
- They have a bolt-on installation, which means you don’t need any special tools. It also means that you don’t have to worry about cutting, welding, etc.
- The shocks have been designed to improve the ride quality and handling.
- They are compatible with a wide range of vehicles and can easily support up to 4 inches of lowering.
- You will have better control and experience more stability once you install these shocks.
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty on these shocks.
- Nitrogen twin tube gas charged
- Improve overall performance
3. Belltech 8502 Nitro Drop Shock Absorber
This is another commendable shock absorber from Belltech. It is one of the top shock absorbers today for multiple reasons. We shall take a look at a few:
- They perform better than OE standard shocks in terms of handling and stability.
- They are engineered for SUVs, sports trucks, muscle cars, etc.
- They do well for vehicles with a 2-inch drop from the standard height. But, a few users have noted that they can support even 4- and 6-inch drops.
- They are affordable shocks but they provide the same quality as the expensive shocks. This makes them quite desirable.
- Installation is easy. You only need to align your vehicle after installation and you’ll be good to go.
- Comfortable and stable ride
- A few users have said that the ride is quite rough
4. Belltech 8510 Nitro Drop 2 Shocks for lowered trucks
If you are looking for Nitro Drop shock absorbers, but you aren’t happy with what you have seen so far, you can check these out. These particular Belltech shocks are vehicle-specific, designed for better performance and handling. Below are a few specifications:
- The shocks have a cavitation-free valve train whose function is to keep the air away. Aeration usually decreases the effectiveness of the shocks.
- The boot is covered with durable metal dust and ensures that it operates cleanly.
- These will perform better than the standard shocks especially when it comes to smooth rides.
- They are very easy to install and do not require additional hardware.
- You can use them for trucks with up to a 6-inch drop.
- Work as advertised
- Easy to install
- A few users say that their ride became slightly bumpy after installation
5. Belltech 25004 Lowering and Lifting Shock
This is a pack of lowering and lifting struts for multiple trucks. It works to remove the front end lean and provide smooth handling. Below are a few more details:
- These Belltech shocks have been designed to provide street performance and safety during the ride.
- You can adjust the height of the front and rear end significantly based on your preference. We love the fact that it allows lowering as well as lifting.
- With the help of these shocks, you can further lower your truck by 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear in ½-inch increments.
- The installation process is very straight-forward.
- The ride quality improves and exceeds OEM standards.
- Smooth ride
- Easy to use
- Ride might get slightly bumpy after installation
Things to remember – Buying guide
Since there are so many different options, it is easy to get confused. That is why we have put together this guide to help you make the best choice.
Make sure the shock you purchase satisfies the following criteria:
- They should be easy to install, preferably bolt-on, so that you can install them yourself without having to buy extra hardware or spending big bucks on professional installation.
- The shocks should be designed to eliminate wobbling, bouncing, etc. Otherwise, riding will be a hassle.
- The shocks should also help level your truck and make it easy to adjust the height based on your preferences.
- It should come with all the required components so that you replace the shocks easily.
- Of course, they should be factory tested to perform as expected.
- The shocks should be an improvement on standard shocks especially in terms of control and ride quality.
People also ask
Onto the FAQs now!
1) Do I need special shocks for a lowered truck?
Yes, we advise you to purchase shocks that are equipped to handle lowered trucks.
2) How do I make my lowered truck ride smoother?
Changing your tires is a must. You must also replace your shocks to suit your requirements.
3) Do you need to change shocks when lowering?
Yes, experts recommend that you change the shocks when you install lowering springs.
4) Does lowering a truck affect ride quality?
Yes, when you do it right, you will experience an improvement in performance. However, if you do it wrong, you will have problems with handling, traction, stability, etc.
5) Are lowering springs good for daily driving?
Yes, you can do it for daily driving because it improves handling.
6) Do lowering springs ruin ride quality?
Not really. Lowering springs will maintain ride quality. If you are facing a harsh ride, you may need to change your shocks.
Did this guide help you decide on the best shocks for lowered trucks? We would love to know what you think. Please don’t forget to leave a comment.