The Crown Victoria Police Interceptor is a sedan from Ford, made for the law enforcement personnel of the United States. It was also popular in Canada and Saudi Arabia. The four-door body-on-frame vehicle was at its peak in 1997 to 2011. However, it was discontinued in 2011.
|Shocks for Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Now, if you have a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, you will have to take good care of it at all times. Regular maintenance and repairs when needed are essential to ensure that it is in top shape. One of the many maintenance routines is changing the shocks. And, this is where we come in. If you are having trouble choosing the right shocks or do not know where to start from, we are here to help. Read on to go through our picks.
Best shocks for Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
1) KYB KG5521 Shocks
These shocks from KYB are Gas-a-Just shocks that come with multiple benefits over regular shocks. They are designed to boost performance and control. Let’s learn about their specifications now:
- The shocks work to provide at least 25% more control thanks to their high-gas pressure design and damping performance when compared to original shocks.
- They have a monotube design that offers excellent stability and improves stopping distance.
- All the components and valving in the shocks have been constructed particularly for muscle cars and large tires & wheels.
- They also have an air-free hydraulic unit that removes the risk of performance fading.
- The shocks also have a seamless extruded mount that provides exceptional durability and longevity.
- The hydraulic and gas chambers are separate from each other. This means that you won’t have to worry about delays, foaming, or aeration.
2) Front Shock and Spring Assembly – Ford Crown Victoria
These shocks have been devised especially for Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor models from 2003 to 2011. They come with multiple features that we shall explore now:
- It takes a while to install the shocks but once done, you will experience better ride and comfort.
- The upper mount type is stud while the lower mount type is eyelet.
- The upper mount is made of stamped metal.
- You will notice an overall improvement in the ride performance with these shocks.
- The front end will be higher once you install this shock and spring assembly.
3) Front Shocks and Springs Pair Set – Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
Here’s another set of front shocks and springs for Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. These shocks are designed for all models from 2003 to 2011 and come with multiple features. Let’s explore a few:
- The set has 2 shocks for the driver’s seat and the front passenger’s seat.
- They are a direct replacement of the OE parts but with improved performance.
- You will also notice more stability and control over your vehicle.
- The shocks are easy to install but it is better if you trust a mechanic to do it for you.
- Ride handling also improves significantly after switching to these front shocks.
4) Monroe Front Shock Pair Set
Monroe has always been a leader when it comes to shocks and for a great reason too. The company has consistently manufactured quality shocks that change the way you ride your vehicle. These particular shocks for Crown Victoria are no exceptions. Let’s find out more:
- These are heavy-duty shocks designed for muscular vehicles.
- They fit the earlier models of the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. So, it is ideal to check the fitment before making your purchase.
- They are exact replacements of the OE product, which means you won’t have any trouble during installation.
- They come with all the required hardware for installation.
- You will experience an improvement in ride quality after installing these shocks.
5) SENSEN 2300 Struts for Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
If you have a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor from 2003 to 2009, this is the set of shocks for you without a doubt. It has been designed specifically for these vehicles and does an excellent job. Below are a few more details:
- The suspension is tight and durable.
- The quality of the shocks is exceptional.
- They fit easily because they are factory replacements.
- The shocks also improve ride quality and performance.
- They are known to last a long time without any problems.
People also ask
To help you understand a little more about the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, we have answered a few FAQs for you:
1) What is the difference between a Crown Victoria and a Police Interceptor?
Police Interceptors are heavy-duty vehicles with better coil springs at around 0.8 inches. They provide more ground clearance too. The main difference, however, is that Police Interceptors have rear antiroll bars while Crown Victorias don’t.
2) How fast can a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor go?
You can expect it to go up to 137-140 mph.
3) Which year Crown Victoria is the best?
Most users say that the 2004 Crown Victoria is the best model.
4) How much horsepower does a 2008 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor have?
250 HP at 5,000 RPM.
5) How much horsepower does a 2010 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor have?
6) Do cop cars have special engines?
Yes, they do. Cop cars need to be fast enough to chase civilian cars. That is why they have powerful engines with excellent fuel economy.
7) Why was the Crown Victoria discontinued?
It was apparently too big and did not have good mileage.
We hope this guide helps you choose the best shocks for your Police Interceptor. If you have any more doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us or leave a comment.