The Nissan Pathfinder is a superb SUV, which ranks quite high in reliability and quality. It is one of the best options out there for anyone looking for a sturdy and tough vehicle. Now, no matter how great the car is, after a point, you will see a steep decrease in performance, especially if you use it heavily and/or do not take great care of it. In this case, we recommend that you check the shock absorbers of your vehicle. It is probably time to change them.
Symptoms of Bad Shocks
There are a few very obvious symptoms that point to bad shocks. They are:
- Slow braking – the car won’t come to a stop immediately
- Fluid leakage
- Cracked bushings
- Uneven wear & tear of the tires
- Difficulty braking
- Swerving or nose diving
All these signs indicate that you need new shocks.
Best Shocks For Nissan Pathfinder
If you are still with us, it means you have realized that you need to replace the shocks on your Nissan Pathfinder immediately. Don’t panic! We have some good choices that will make your job easy.
1. OREDY Shocks and Struts Assembly Kit – 171103 11290
This is the perfect replacement kit for Pathfinder models from 2005 to 2012. It has everything you need to engage in some DIY fun. Below are more details:
- The shocks are ready to install right out of the box. They do not need any special tools.
- They have been tuned and designed to fit Pathfinder models perfectly.
- They have a hollow bumper made of premium materials, which protects against damage.
- The strut dust boot is quite durable as well, keeping dirt and dust away.
- The ride quality promised is comfortable, smooth, and quiet.
- The shocks’ piston rod is highly rigid. It has been designed with heat treatment.
2. DTA Full Set Struts and Shocks – 70003
DTA is another reliable brand that you can choose for your shocks and struts requirements. This set is also suitable for 2005 to 2012 Pathfinder models and these are its specifications:
- The strut in the kit is charged with nitrogen. It also has a 4-lip Teflon piston seal.
- The piston rod is chrome plated and micro polished. It has the all-weather SV3 fluid.
- Coil springs are resistant to corrosion and have a long service life because they are powder-coated and treated with heat.
- This is a pre-assembled kit that you can use straight out of the box.
- The shocks also has multi-staging valving.
3. Detroit Axle – Complete Struts and Shocks Kit
If you have a Pathfinder model from 2005 to 2012, this one’s for you. It is an 8-piece set with struts, coil spring, sway bars, stabilizers, and rear shocks. Below are a few more details:
- All the components have gone through rigorous tests and are ready to use from the box.
- The installation is quite easy and it will not take you more than 2 hours per wheel.
- Since they are OE replacement, you can be sure that they are an exact match. You will not need to make any adjustments.
- The coil spring and upper strut mount are made of very high quality materials.
- Its rubber dust boot does a great job of keeping dust and debris out.
- The kit works on the oil hydraulic circuit system that make the ride safe and comfortable, and reduces vibrations.
4. ECCPP Shock Absorber Kit For Nissan Pathfinder
Those who have older models of the Pathfinder (1998 to 2003) will love this shock absorber kit from ECCPP. Here are some of its highlights:
- The shocks have been designed to give you good enough buffer for a smooth ride. They also filter outside impact and that contributes to comfort.
- They allow safe handling because these shocks solve the tilting problem quite well. They lend stability to the drive, automatically making it safer.
- If you are experiencing abnormal noise, these shocks will take care of that problem perfectly. After installation, there won’t be any unnecessary noise or vibrations.
- The shock absorbers will fit your needs no matter which road conditions you drive your Pathfinder in, including harsh roads, snow, and rolling terrains.
- They are resistant to corrosion.
5. SCITOO Shock Absorbers For Nissan Pathfinder
The last option on our list is the SCITOO product, which is very reliable and totally trustworthy. You don’t have to worry about anything because of the following reasons:
- It is compatible with 1998 to 2004 Nissan Pathfinder models.
- These precision-made shock absorbers ensure perfect fit and integrity.
- They are made of premium steel and are resistant to corrosion. They also provide consistent wear.
- The piston seal is quite adjustable and it adjusts according to usage to continue maintaining a tight seal.
- The shocks will also take care of abnormal noise and vibrations.
In the sea of options provided online today, it is easy to be confused. But, don’t you worry! We have the perfect answer for you in our guide. Compare the options