Shock absorbers are super important – we all know that. How well your engine performs depends majorly on how good your shocks are. If there’s wear and tear or they are blown, the engine will face the wrath. Misfires, acceleration problems, and rough idling will increase exponentially, causing multiple problems. If you ignore it, the engine will end up giving up on you i.e. failing.
So, the moment you see signs of shocks going bad, we suggest you have them examined. This step will keep you on the safe side and help you understand whether you need a replacement.
If you do, the next step would be to find the right shocks for your vehicle. During your search, you will come across Gabriel Max Control shocks. They are very popular and are said to last long as well. Here’s a detailed review for you so that you understand their working and see if they are the right fit.
Gabriel was established in 1907 and has multiple achievements to its name. it invented the first hydraulic shock, the original auto shock, and the first adjustable shock as well. It also has the first air adjustable shock to its name. In the past century, the brand has been a trusted name for shocks and struts, manufacturing the right fit for over 96% of American vehicles today.
Without a doubt, there’s a lot of brand value when it comes to Gabriel. This is why their products are very much in demand.
Gabriel Max Control Shocks Review
Gabriel Max Control Shocks are among the very popular options available today. They have a monotube design and are perfect for vans, SUVs, and trucks. Below are a few features that you might find interesting:
- They have a large bore size at 46mm, which makes the shock more efficient. It has the capability to reach immediately to road imperfections and continue to give you a smooth ride.
- The shocks have multi-stage sealing and a single-tube design to keep the chamber temperature in check and ensure there’s no entry of debris. These two properties lend a longer life to the shocks.
- They work on floating piston technology with high pressure nitrogen gas to increase the sensitivity of the vehicles. Steering control is, thus, much better.
- The shocks have also been designed keeping safety in mind. They make braking easier and controlled so that you immediately react to situations.
- They are known to improve ride performance and handling.
- The super-finished chrome piston avoid corrosion and optimal lubrication of the seal.
- The piston is leak-proof.
- The shocks have Drawn Over Mandrel tubing,
Gabriel Max Control Shocks Review – the verdict
When compared to the average shocks, you will find that the Gabriel Max Control Shocks are priced high. However, the price tag is justified by their durability and aforementioned features. Moreover, the brand provides lifetime warranty. This means that if you are unhappy with the shocks for some reason, you can always have them exchanged or returned.
From our testing and experience, we think this is an excellent choice especially if you are looking to fit it and forget it.
People also ask
We shall now answer a few questions from our readers about these shocks.
1. Does Gabriel make good shocks?
Yes, it does.
2. How long do Gabriel Shocks last?
They will last for around 50,000 miles without any problems.
3. What shocks give the smoothest ride?
Gabriel, Bilstein, and Monroe are among the leaders when it comes to promising a smooth ride.
4. Should I replace all 4 shocks at a time?
Yes, this is what experts recommend.
5. Are Gabriel Shocks better than Monroe?
It depends on what you are expecting from the shocks. Gabriel Shocks are firmer while Monroe shocks are smooth. Gabriel performs better off-road and Monroe are suitable for daily driving.
We have no doubts! Gabriel Shocks are indeed a good choice for most requirements. So, make sure you go through its features and purchase it if you think it suits your vehicle. If you need further assistance, feel free to talk to us.