There are multiple different brands of shocks on the market. We often hear about the most popular ones such as Bilstein and Monroe, which rule the roost, but that’s not it. The market is full of amazing choices that one can explore and take advantage of. In our article today, we are going to review one such brand – Maxorber.
A Brief About Maxorber
Maxorber is a top-selling brand that’s popular among users for its durability and innovative technology. The brand offers a large range of shocks and struts that are ready to use. Its variety is so large that you will find the perfect fit no matter which vehicle you may own. Also, another highlight about this company is that it does not sell any refurbished parts. All products are new and straight from the factory.
Maxorber Shocks Review
Now, let’s delve straight into the review and figure out whether these shocks live up to their popularity. This particular set of shocks and struts is compatible with numerous Silverado 1500 4WD models and comes with the following features:
- The shocks have a hard chromed piston rod with ultra-precision polishing that promises easy contact with the seal. This also enables a tight seal with no leakage.
- The oil seals are Japanese and are of very high quality. They mainly work to reduce the friction between the seal and the rod for smooth operation.
- These are gas-charged shock absorbers with N2 gas that is suitable for upgraded performance and lowered risk of aeration. It also avoids foaming.
- The sleeves and the cylinder of the shocks are seamless. They offer stable damping force.
- For easy installation, the manufacturers have provided buckle holes that work perfectly with the car. This means that you won’t have to worry about additional work. Just bolt them on!
- Along with more stability, these shocks offer superior performance and a comfortable ride.
- The shocks have a hydraulic fluid with excellent viscosity that ensures that they work well regardless of the weather conditions.
- The mounting bushings are chemically bonded to keep them tight without slipping out.
What we like
- They are very easy to install. Even beginners will be able to install them without problems.
- They are sturdy.
- They provide a very smooth ride – definitely an upgrade from OE shocks.
- The ride control also sees an improvement.
What we don’t like
- They are not as long-lasting as their competitors.
Who will use them the most?
- Anyone with a Chevy Silverado 1500 WD from 1999 to 2007
- It is also a replacement for Sierra 1500 WD from 1999 to 2006
- The shocks also work on certain AWD and RWD vehicles
- The replacement part numbers are 344381 (Front) and 344386 (rear)
People also ask
1) Who makes Maxorber shocks?
Gaatu Inc. makes Maxorber shocks. They also make struts, mufflers, tailpipes, etc.
2) Is Maxorber a good brand?
Yes, it is considered a very good brand.
3) Are Maxorber shocks any good?
According to users, they are great. They improve performance, ride quality, and comfort.
4) How long should OEM shocks last?
OEM shocks usually last for 5 years with good maintenance.
5) Do shocks really make a difference?
Yes, they upgrade the ride quality and smoothness.
6) How many miles do Maxorber shocks last?
The manufacturers say that they will last for around 50,000 miles.
We are happy to report that the Maxorber shocks are an excellent choice on a budget. They don’t cost a lot but they do well to give you good performance. They are also quite reliable and the brand is trustworthy. We think you should definitely give them a shot.