If you are reading this, we know you want to upgrade your F350 Super Duty ride. Well, congratulations! By the end of this article, you will have a clear answer about the best shocks for F350 Super Duty along with other important details.
But, before that, let’s learn a little about the truck itself. The Super Duty truck was launched in 1999 as an upgrade to the standard series of trucks. Since then, we have seen quite a few more trucks in the category. Here’s a timeline for those who are interested:
History of Ford F350 Super Duty
The first generation model, as aforementioned, was launched in 1999. It took buyers by storm thanks to its excellent towing capacity. This particular model came with 3 types of cab doors – standard 2-door, SuperCab 2 plus 2, and crew cab. In 2005, these trucks saw an upgrade in the interiors and exteriors.
2008 – The second generation of this series was launched with significant upgrades. This included the replacement of the 6.0L power stroke engine, which was problematic earlier. The design, though, was more or less the same.
2011 – Within 3 years, Ford came up with the third generation with a whole new exterior feel. The engines saw an upgrade along with the towing capacity. These were special in that you could use natural gas or oil based on your preference.
2017 – The fourth generation is the latest one with multiple modifications. It is lighter than its predecessors even though it is heavy-duty and strong. You can choose gasoline and diesel versions with different engine specifications.
Best shocks for F350 Super Duty
We have put this list together to help you choose the right shocks without breaking a sweat. We shall enlist the features and educate you about the pros and cons so that you instantly know which ones are right for your needs. Let’s begin.
1. Detroit Axle – Shocks for F350 Super Duty
These shocks have been designed for 1999 to 2004 F250 and F350 Super Duty trucks. They are suitable only for 4 x 4 models in each case. Below are the features in detail:
- The shocks have an O-ring. This functions to protect against wear, dirt, and debris.
- They come assembled and ready to use out of the box. You do not need to worry about wasting time putting them together.
- The piston seal is adjustable and keeps a tight seal between the tube and the piston. It works to reduce leaks.
- The shocks are of the highest quality and are designed to last for a long time.
- Easy installation
- Easily affordable
- Has been proven to deliver consistently in terms of performance
- If you are looking for extremely superior performance, you may be disappointed with these. They deliver beyond their price range for sure but they are not in the superior league.
2. Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
We have barely come across negative reviews for Bilstein when it comes to shock absorbers. It is one of the leading brands out there with extremely reliable products. This particular series has a monotube design. Its features are as follows.
- It is designed to deliver more performance while remaining cool.
- They come in packs of 4 for the front and rear.
- The package includes washers, brush, and nuts so that the installation process is smooth.
- Street riders will rejoice in the performance quality these shocks offer.
- They are aesthetically pleasing.
- Use them well and they will be your truck’s best friends for a long time. They are highly durable.
- They are affordable.
- Handling your truck will be seamless once you install these.
- They are known for delivering superior performance.
- They are perfect for street riding only. They may not deliver on rough terrains.
3. Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
The Rancho shocks are suitable for trucks of the second and third generations (2005 to 2014 models). They are known to be versatile and flexible in different ride conditions. Here’s a closer look at their features:
- They are ideal only for 4 WD and not 2 WD.
- They come with a protective boot that safeguards the shocks from gravel and dirt.
- They have a velocity sensitive valving system (10-stage).
- You can use them only with 0” vehicles.
- The shocks are very easy to install.
- They work perfectly on-road and off-road.
- They are affordable.
- Users have complained that the painting is not of great quality.
- A few users have also noted that the shocks rattle with every bump.
4. Hood Lift Shocks
Hood Lift Shocks are compatible with F250, F350, F450, and F550 Super Duty vehicles from 1999 to 2007. If you have a newer model, you can skip this recommendation. These are gas shocks known to have excellent features such as the following:
- They are of high quality with a precise stroke rod surface.
- The surface is anti-rust, anti-wear, and resistant to friction.
- The shocks are aesthetically designed so that they uplift the truck’s look and feel.
- They come with all the tools needed for installation. You can complete the process quickly.
- High quality
- Easy to install
- Provide excellent lift and balance
- They are very strong
- A few users have had problems with the fitting. They claim that the shocks don’t fit like the standard factory ones.
5. New Bilstein Shocks – Front and Rear
Yes, we have another Bilstein product here for you! These monotube shocks come in sets of 4, satisfying the requirement of front and rear shocks. They have multiple features such as the following:
- They are made for 4 wheel drive only.
- They promise perfect handling and superior ride performance.
- If you ride through rough terrains you definitely won’t be disappointed with this one. Street rides may not be as amazing, however.
- They are light-weight.
- They are easy to install.
- They are affordable.
- The ride quality is smooth and improved.
- They fit just like factory shocks.
- In some models, stiffness has been noted post installation.
Based on your ride preferences and other features, you can choose any of the F350 shocks from our list. If you have any questions or doubts regarding the reviews, please let us know through comments.