If you are reading this, we know you want to upgrade your F350 Super Duty ride. Well, congratulations! By the end of this article, you will have a clear answer about the best shocks for F350 Super Duty along with other important details.
|Product No.||Shocks for F350 Super Duty||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
But, before that, let’s learn a little about the truck itself. The Super Duty truck was launched in 1999 as an upgrade to the standard series of trucks. Since then, we have seen quite a few more trucks in the category. Here’s a timeline for those who are interested:
History of Ford F350 Super Duty
The first generation model, as aforementioned, was launched in 1999. It took buyers by storm thanks to its excellent towing capacity. This particular model came with 3 types of cab doors – standard 2-door, SuperCab 2 plus 2, and crew cab. In 2005, these trucks saw an upgrade in the interiors and exteriors.
2008 – The second generation of this series was launched with significant upgrades. This included the replacement of the 6.0L power stroke engine, which was problematic earlier. The design, though, was more or less the same.
2011 – Within 3 years, Ford came up with the third generation with a whole new exterior feel. The engines saw an upgrade along with the towing capacity. These were special in that you could use natural gas or oil based on your preference.
2017 – The fourth generation is the latest one with multiple modifications. It is lighter than its predecessors even though it is heavy-duty and strong. You can choose gasoline and diesel versions with different engine specifications.
Best shocks for F350 Super Duty
We have put this list together to help you choose the right shocks without breaking a sweat. We shall enlist the features and educate you about the pros and cons so that you instantly know which ones are right for your needs. Let’s begin.
1. Detroit Axle – Shocks for F350 Super Duty
These shocks have been designed for 1999 to 2004 F250 and F350 Super Duty trucks. They are suitable only for 4 x 4 models in each case. Below are the features in detail:
- The shocks have an O-ring. This functions to protect against wear, dirt, and debris.
- They come assembled and ready to use out of the box. You do not need to worry about wasting time putting them together.
- The piston seal is adjustable and keeps a tight seal between the tube and the piston. It works to reduce leaks.
- The shocks are of the highest quality and are designed to last for a long time.
2. Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
We have barely come across negative reviews for Bilstein when it comes to shock absorbers. It is one of the leading brands out there with extremely reliable products. This particular series has a monotube design. Its features are as follows.
- It is designed to deliver more performance while remaining cool.
- They come in packs of 4 for the front and rear.
- The package includes washers, brush, and nuts so that the installation process is smooth.
- Street riders will rejoice in the performance quality these shocks offer.
- They are aesthetically pleasing.
3. Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
The Rancho shocks are suitable for trucks of the second and third generations (2005 to 2014 models). They are known to be versatile and flexible in different ride conditions. Here’s a closer look at their features:
- They are ideal only for 4 WD and not 2 WD.
- They come with a protective boot that safeguards the shocks from gravel and dirt.
- They have a velocity sensitive valving system (10-stage).
- You can use them only with 0” vehicles.
4. Hood Lift Shocks
Hood Lift Shocks are compatible with F250, F350, F450, and F550 Super Duty vehicles from 1999 to 2007. If you have a newer model, you can skip this recommendation. These are gas shocks known to have excellent features such as the following:
- They are of high quality with a precise stroke rod surface.
- The surface is anti-rust, anti-wear, and resistant to friction.
- The shocks are aesthetically designed so that they uplift the truck’s look and feel.
- They come with all the tools needed for installation. You can complete the process quickly.
5. New Bilstein Shocks – Front and Rear
Yes, we have another Bilstein product here for you! These monotube shocks come in sets of 4, satisfying the requirement of front and rear shocks. They have multiple features such as the following:
- They are made for 4 wheel drive only.
- They promise perfect handling and superior ride performance.
- If you ride through rough terrains you definitely won’t be disappointed with this one. Street rides may not be as amazing, however.
- They are light-weight.
6. Bilstein B8 5100 Series
Bilstein is well-known for its high-quality shocks because they provide a very smooth ride. This particular series has been designed for 1999 to 2003 Ford F350 models and comes with the following features:
- This is a set of 4 shocks, two for the front and two for the rear. They can accommodate a lift of up to 1-inch.
- Each shock absorber has a monotube and is gas-charged.
- The shocks can control bounce to a significant extent. They also help make the ride comfortable and smooth.
- The shocks have been designed to be sturdy and reliable with the use of multiple different technologies including Bilstein Gas-Pressure Technology, Bilstein Monotube Upside-Down Technology, and Bilstein OE Quality.
- They are known to improve the overall performance of the vehicle quite significantly.
7. Skyjacker H7091 H7060 – Shock Absorbers
The Skyjacker shock absorbers are so popular, they have become Amazon’s Choice too! They are suitable for F350 models from 2005 to 2016. They also fit F250 Ford models. Let’s find out more:
- They can accommodate a lift of around 3 inches in the front and 4 inches in the rear.
- They have velocity-sensitive valving, which makes them flexible and adjustable.
- These shock absorbers have proven to work well in on-road and off-road conditions, making them a perfect choice.
- You can enjoy better handling and stability along with extended comfort once you upgrade to these shocks.
- They will provide at least an OE ride. In most cases, they exceed expectations as well.
- Installation is quite easy and the ride is very smooth.
8. Front and Rear Shocks – Monroe Gas Magnum
These are gas charged shocks, available in sets of 4. They are compatible with F250 and F350 Super Duty models (4WD). Below are a few features that we love:
- They come with the required mounting hardware to make installation easy.
- The shocks are sealed, which means you cannot grease them. And, honestly there’s no need to do so.
- These are not adjustable. So, please make sure you check the compatibility with your vehicle before purchasing them.
- They come with a lifetime warranty.
How to change shocks on F350 Super Duty
If you are keen on taking up DIY projects and changing the shocks yourself, this guide will help you along the way.
You will need jack stands along with the jack, a lug wrench, penetrating oil, socket and wrench, and the new shocks. Once you gather all these, follow the steps below:
- Clean all the old shocks and mounts to make it easy to install the new ones.
- With the help of the jack and jack stands, lift your vehicle, and remove the wheel. We advise removing one wheel at a time to make it easy, especially if you don’t have a four-post lift.
- Use the oil to remove rust from the connecting bolts and then remove them. If you need a hammer, make sure you are careful.
- Now, you can install the new ones with ease. If you are using new mounts, it will be even easier.
- Press the shock in place and tighten the nuts.
- Keep going through the owner’s manual to ensure that the torque is right.
- Check if your vehicle needs an alignment. If yes, align it.
1) How many miles does an F350 diesel last?
It can last for around 500,000 miles. Vehicles that are well taken care of can last even longer.
2) Should I replace all shocks together?
Yes, experts recommend that you replace all 4 shocks at the same time.
3) Do new shocks improve performance?
Yes, new shocks improve the overall performance and handling.
4) Do I need an alignment after changing shocks?
Yes, we suggest that you check the alignment of your vehicle and do the needful accordingly. If you give it to a professional to change shocks, he/she will handle the alignment as well.
Based on your ride preferences and other features, you can choose any of the F350 shocks from our list. If you have any questions or doubts regarding the reviews, please let us know through comments.