Shock absorbers are neat little units that ensure a smooth ride. They are basically nothing but pumps that work against pressure tube and the hydraulic fluid. Back in time, shock absorbers were not really heavy duty. They were not quick, but they did the job they were meant to do – absorbing shock in difficult terrains for a smooth ride.
Best Shocks for Towing and Hauling
Today, the story is quite different. Shocks are highly sensitive now, and even a rocky road promises a smooth ride. Without these absorbers, you will feel like even a well-paved road is the worst road you ever drove on! Now, there are multiple shocks in the market, serving different purposes. For example, if bad roads are not on your paper route, you don’t need heavy duty shocks. You can go with the regular ones. But, what if heavy-hauling and towing are a part of your routine? You will need the best shocks the market can offer!
To help you with this quest, we have listed our favorites just for you. Let’s not waste time, then, and go through the best options for your truck:
1. Monroe MA822 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorber
The manufacturers came up with this shock absorber specifically for trucks that engage in heavy hauling. The shock absorber maintains level height and can be adjusted from 20 psi to 150 psi based on the vehicle. Let’s go through some of its unique features:
- It has a ½-inch piston rod to give consistent performance and long life. The rod is hardened for the same purpose.
- The shock absorber contains modifiers that work to keep friction at its minimum.
- It offers full displaced valving so that you enjoy a smooth ride.
- The absorber’s travel length is 9.8 inches while the extended length is 24.37 inches. The compressed length, however, is an impressive 14.5 inches.
- Its capacity and flexibility depend on the type of vehicle in question because many different factors govern them.
- You can buy this shock absorber for many different vehicles but just to be sure, go through its list of compatible vehicles and only then take a call.
2. ACDelco 504-511 Specialty Shocks for Towing and Hauling
This one is a hot-seller! It is not just fairly priced but also has a wide range of functions that make it a must have. It is perfect for hauling heavy loads, towing trailers, and other such temporary situations. Let’s see what sets it apart:
- It offers adjustable air pressure. From 25 to 200 psi, you can breathe easy!
- The ride height that it can maintain is 1,100 lbs per pair. This, let us tell us, is exceptional.
- The piston has a chrome finish and is resistant to corrosion, making it last longer.
- You can expect long product life, consistent wear surface, and good seal lubrication with this shock absorber.
- Remember that it does not work to increase payload. So, if this is what you are looking for, you should try other options.
- It has been tested live to make sure that it is functional and reliable.
3. Gabriel 49235 Hijackers Air Shocks
These air adjustable shock absorbers are a little on the expensive side, but they are totally worth it. They are very popular in America because of their functionality and durability. Don’t believe us? The features will help:
- It has been designed specifically for heavy loads, trailers, and towing boats.
- Its levelling capacity is 1,100 pounds. You must keep this in mind while making your purchase.
- It does not increase payload.
- The piston rod is resistant to corrosion. It has a smooth chrome finish, which also promises consistency across the wear surface.
- It is a leak-proof piston rod.
- It is adjustable in that you can remove or add air according to your requirements.
- Make sure you check the vehicle compatibility so that you don’t go wrong.
4. Bilstein 24191203 Shocks for Towing and Hauling
The Bilstein shock absorber is our favorite and Amazon’s Choice! It works best with SUVs and lifted trucks, and comes with a wide range of features that we shall explore now:
- The absorbers have a monotube design. This promises consistent performance that does not fade over time.
- They are velocity sensitive.
- The piston is digressive, reacting with changing road conditions and giving you a smooth ride all along.
- The absorbers promise to give you a smooth ride, improved quality, more comfort, and added convenience.
- You will say goodbye to bounce forever with this one, even while towing a travel trailer!
5. ACDelco 504-539 Specialty Rear Air Lift Shock Absorber
The last one on our list is close to our heart, especially because of its price. It has multiple features that make heavy hauling, towing, and riding a smooth experience. All this at a fair price. Why not? Let’s explore the features now:
- It improves vehicle handling by allowing temporary levelling as and when needed.
- You don’t have to worry about undercarriage damage with these shock absorbers!
- It has adjustable air pressure, allowing you to tune individually based on the weight of the load. You can change it from 25 to 200 psi.
- Sit back and enjoy as the tried and tested shock absorbers give you the smoothest experience in any terrain!
- The company provides a limited warranty for its original parts. So, you can take advantage of this if something goes wrong.
Aren’t all the products just amazing? All you have to do now is to check the best based on your preferences and click the BUY button. All the best!