Shock absorbers are neat little units that ensure a smooth ride. They are basically nothing but pumps that work against pressure tube and the hydraulic fluid. Back in time, shock absorbers were not really heavy duty. They were not quick, but they did the job they were meant to do – absorbing shock in difficult terrains for a smooth ride.
|Product No.||Product Name||Best Shocks for Towing and Hauling||Product Reviews||Check Price|
Today, the story is quite different. Shocks are highly sensitive now, and even a rocky road promises a smooth ride. Without these absorbers, you will feel like even a well-paved road is the worst road you ever drove on! Now, there are multiple shocks in the market, serving different purposes. For example, if bad roads are not on your paper route, you don’t need heavy duty shocks. You can go with the regular ones. But, what if heavy-hauling and towing are a part of your routine? You will need the best shocks the market can offer!
Best Shocks for Towing and Hauling
To help you with this quest, we have listed our favorites just for you. Let’s not waste time, then, and go through the best options for your truck:
1. Monroe MA822 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorber
The manufacturers came up with this shock absorber specifically for trucks that engage in heavy hauling. The shock absorber maintains level height and can be adjusted from 20 psi to 150 psi based on the vehicle. Let’s go through some of its unique features:
- It has a ½-inch piston rod to give consistent performance and long life. The rod is hardened for the same purpose.
- The shock absorber contains modifiers that work to keep friction at its minimum.
- It offers full displaced valving so that you enjoy a smooth ride.
- The absorber’s travel length is 9.8 inches while the extended length is 24.37 inches. The compressed length, however, is an impressive 14.5 inches.
- Its capacity and flexibility depend on the type of vehicle in question because many different factors govern them.
- You can buy this shock absorber for many different vehicles but just to be sure, go through its list of compatible vehicles and only then take a call.
2. ACDelco 504-511 Specialty Shocks for Towing and Hauling
This one is a hot-seller! It is not just fairly priced but also has a wide range of functions that make it a must have. It is perfect for hauling heavy loads, towing trailers, and other such temporary situations. Let’s see what sets it apart:
- It offers adjustable air pressure. From 25 to 200 psi, you can breathe easy!
- The ride height that it can maintain is 1,100 lbs per pair. This, let us tell us, is exceptional.
- The piston has a chrome finish and is resistant to corrosion, making it last longer.
- You can expect long product life, consistent wear surface, and good seal lubrication with this shock absorber.
- Remember that it does not work to increase payload. So, if this is what you are looking for, you should try other options.
- It has been tested live to make sure that it is functional and reliable.
3. Gabriel 49235 Hijackers Air Shocks
These air adjustable shock absorbers are a little on the expensive side, but they are totally worth it. They are very popular in America because of their functionality and durability. Don’t believe us? The features will help:
- It has been designed specifically for heavy loads, trailers, and towing boats.
- Its levelling capacity is 1,100 pounds. You must keep this in mind while making your purchase.
- It does not increase payload.
- The piston rod is resistant to corrosion. It has a smooth chrome finish, which also promises consistency across the wear surface.
- It is a leak-proof piston rod.
- It is adjustable in that you can remove or add air according to your requirements.
- Make sure you check the vehicle compatibility so that you don’t go wrong.
4. Bilstein 24191203 Shocks for Towing and Hauling
The Bilstein shock absorber is our favorite and Amazon’s Choice! It works best with SUVs and lifted trucks, and comes with a wide range of features that we shall explore now:
- The absorbers have a monotube design. This promises consistent performance that does not fade over time.
- They are velocity sensitive.
- The piston is digressive, reacting with changing road conditions and giving you a smooth ride all along.
- The absorbers promise to give you a smooth ride, improved quality, more comfort, and added convenience.
- You will say goodbye to bounce forever with this one, even while towing a travel trailer!
5. Rancho RS999269 Series Shocks for Towing and Hauling
Another great performing shock absorber is from Rancho, these are great adjusting absorbers with reserve tubes. This shock absorber allows it to run cooler and works consistently in every situation. Let’s explore the features now:
- The diameter of the shock absorber has 70 mm body diameter to fulfill the best appearance and performance for towing heavy-duty vehicles.
- It is a large 18 mm nitro rod that is durable for a long run with 2x strength.
- It has a 9 position tuning technology that gives you 9 different levels of shock performance.
- It optimizes the shock performance as it has nitrogen gas charged.
- The shock absorber has a long-lasting metallic liquid finish.
- The shock absorber has a banded piston filled with graphite fluon to increase the life expectancy.
- One must know the special feature of the tri-tube to ensure the performance.
6. Monroe MA785 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorber
Monroe shock absorbers are mainly for guns and vehicles. They can easily haul heavy loads and help in towing the vehicles. It is also designed to maintain the height, inflate and deflate the loads too. the features are amazing so now let’s read some more:
- The shock absorber is ½ inch piston rod. it is upgraded, hardened and precision ground for balanced performance every time your use.
- It does not require long service life, one can invest in the tool and have the perks for the long run.
- It is an air adjusted shock absorber suitable for all-weather fluid.
- It has special modifiers that reduce the friction and results in smooth outcomes.
- It has a better valving range and extension cycle too.
- you must try this flexible compression range for a smooth and easy ride.
7. Bilstein 24-186735 Front Shock for Towing and Hauling
The best in the market for towing and hauling your cars and SUVs is Bilstein shock absorbers. Nothing can beat them in carrying the heavy load and burden with utter ease. From design to feature is perfect for all. what are you waiting for, have a look at the detailed features:
- It is a front shock absorber for GM K2500 and 3500.
- The front height is from 0 to 2.5 inches.
- These are designed to lift the trucks and SUV with utter ease and flexibility.
- It has a monotube design to maintain consistent performance.
- It utilizes velocity-sensitive, and digressive piston during changing weather conditions.
- It offers great ride quality, comfort, smoothness, and handling as the torsion key is not included.
8. ACDelco 504-539 Specialty Rear Air Lift Shock Absorber
The last one on our list is close to our heart, especially because of its price. It has multiple features that make heavy hauling, towing, and riding a smooth experience. All this at a fair price. Why not? Let’s explore the features now:
- It improves vehicle handling by allowing temporary levelling as and when needed.
- You don’t have to worry about undercarriage damage with these shock absorbers!
- It has adjustable air pressure, allowing you to tune individually based on the weight of the load. You can change it from 25 to 200 psi.
- Sit back and enjoy as the tried and tested shock absorbers give you the smoothest experience in any terrain!
- The company provides a limited warranty for its original parts. So, you can take advantage of this if something goes wrong.
Things to consider before buying shocks for towing and hauling
Since there are so many shocks on the market, it is important to filter them out based on quality and requirements. The checklist below will help you with the same.
- Price: Ordinarily, we would ask you to consider the price at the end but because you have many choices, you can set a budget for yourself and search for quality shocks within that price range. Make sure you are not too stringent either so that you don’t lose out on the quality.
- Quality: Shocks are meant to last for a few years or a few thousand miles. They can only do so if they are built well and have solid construction. The best materials for shocks are aluminum and steel. Also, make sure you select brands that offer warranty to avoid hassle in case you find a defect.
- Flexibility: Adjustability is one of the biggest features you should look for. You may have to pay a little extra for shocks with this feature but it is totally worth it because it enhances performance.
Let’s go through a few FAQs for more clarity on shocks for towing and hauling.
1) Do shocks help with towing?
Yes, they will help you with towing but you will need solid and heavy-duty shocks for this purpose. During your search, make sure you specify your requirement so that you get exactly what you are looking for.
2) How can I improve my towing performance?
You will need to upgrade its overall performance. You can do so by upgrading its exhaust system, installing a new programmer, and replacing its shocks.
3) Should you tow at maximum capacity?
We would recommend against it. Always make sure you tow 85% of the maximum towing capacity listed on the truck. That would be safe. Anything beyond that can be risky.
4) Which Bilstein shocks for towing?
Heavy-duty shocks from Bilstein are known to help with towing. You can go for the Yellow and Blue Shocks from Bilstein.
5) Are Bilstein shocks better than Fox shocks?
They are both excellent in their respective fields and it wouldn’t be fair to compare them. You can, purchase either based on your personal preferences.
6) How do you tell if you are towing too much?
- Your vehicle will lean to one side.
- Your suspension will sag.
- Your shocks will not be able to withstand the load. They will wear off or get damaged.
7) What happens if you tow too much?
You will end up damaging the engine and the tires. The extra load will also affect the transmission.
8) Does towing hurt your truck?
Trucks that come with towing capacity will not be affected because they are designed for it. However, if you carry too much load, the engine will overheat. It may also fail due to the added stress.
Aren’t all the products just amazing? All you have to do now is to check the best based on your preferences and click the BUY button. All the best!