The Chevrolet Trailblazer is a popular 7-seater SUV. Users absolutely love it because of the many features it comes with. Its first model came in 1999 as an upscale car. This was the Blazer Trimline. In 2002, the first generation Trailblazer was released and since then, the SUV has only seen success. New models come every year and buyers can’t wait to grab one of them!
If you are a Trailblazer owner and are looking to replace its shocks, you have come to the right place. This article is dedicated to the best shocks for Trailblazer that you can buy online.
How to buy the best shocks for Trailblazer
While looking for shock absorbers, you will have multiple questions running around your mind. You will wonder how to choose from the multitude of options available. To make this easy for you, we have prepared a checklist of questions you can refer to and answer. By the end of this questionnaire you will know exactly what to look for.
- Which brand are you going to choose? Is it well-established and reliable?
- What are the features of the shock absorbers you like?
- What is the purpose of changing the shocks? Do you want OE replacements or better performance shocks?
- What are the customers saying about the shocks? Are they happy in the long term?
- If you plan to install the shocks yourself, are they easy to install? Do they come with the required hardware?
Best shocks for Trailblazer – Expert’s choice
Here are some of the best shocks available today, hand-picked by our experts for you.
1. Detroit Axle Front Struts and Rear Shocks
Detroit Axle is a leading manufacturer of top quality struts and shocks for various SUVs including the Trailblazer. This particular set has been designed for models from 2002 to 2009 and comes with the following features:
- The set is ready for installation with no need for modifications. It comes with all the hardware needed as well.
- The shocks provide a comfortable ride through a premium-grade coil spring made out of steel. This spring is long-lasting and works to reduce vibrations during the ride.
- The rubber dust boot keeps the shock tube protected from dust and debris.
- The piston rod is highly rigid. It has been made using high-frequency heat treatment that makes it extra tough as well. It works to provide a good riding experience even at high speeds.
- The shocks have an oil hydraulic circuit system, which promotes safety by reducing unnecessary vibrations.
- Perfect OEM replacement
- Easy to install
- Fairly priced
- Slightly softer than the OEM shocks
2. Monroe Shocks and Struts
One of the names you will hear very often in a discussion about shocks is Monroe. It is one of the best brands in the market today. Let’s take a look at the features this particular set has:
- You don’t need a spring compressor for installation. You will received a fully assembled unit that you can install directly without additional steps.
- The shocks have been calibrated to be direct OE replacements. They will support your SUV’s weight well and restore the height as well.
- The coil spring, strut, and mount are application-specific, promising better at handling experience and optimal ride quality.
- They have been made with high-quality steel for durability and structural integrity.
- Thanks to the premium upper strut mount, you will experience better steering and precision. The shocks will also take care of the noise and vibration.
- Fits perfectly
- Restores the ride height
- Smooth off-road ride
- May take time to install, especially if you are doing it for the first time
3. Front Complete Struts and Rear Shocks Coil
Coming to you from the AutoSaver88 Store are excellent struts and shocks for your Chevy Trailblazer. These are compatible with all models from 2002 to 2009, and come with the following features:
- They are OEM shocks, which means that you don’t have to worry about the fitment.
- All the parts such as the mounts and coil springs are precision engineered to fit perfectly.
- The set contains everything you need for installation, including mounts, coils, and springs.
- You will have better control on your vehicle once you install these shocks.
- Ride comfort and handling will also be improved.
- You will get a warranty of 1 year with these shocks.
- Perfect fit
- Easy to install
- You might experience some unnecessary movement
4. SENSEN 2860 Shocks and Struts
If you have a Chevy Trailblazer from 2002 to 2009, you can definitely consider the SENSEN shocks. They are designed to fit well and provide a better ride. Let’s find out more:
- They fit perfectly because they have the OEM design.
- Ride handling will see a significant improvement once you upgrade to these shocks.
- You will also see that the ride comfort and control are better.
- The set is very easy to install.
- Fairly priced
- OEM fit
- The ride may be too soft for some users
5. Detroit Axle – Rear Shock Absorbers
If you are only looking for rear shocks from a good brand, you won’t go wrong with this set from Detroit Axle. Once you go through its specifications, you will know why we say so:
- These shocks fit the 2002-2009 Chevy Trailblazer models and 2002-2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT.
- They have a very tight piston seal that eliminates risk of leaks. This enables longevity and consistency in performance.
- The shocks are made of the highest quality material for top performance over a long period of time.
- The O-ring works to create a tight seal so that fatigue, dirt, and leakages are a thing of the past.
- They are very easy to install and you will feel a significant change in the ride performance after installation.
- Fairly priced
- Good quality
- May not completely eliminate bounce
People also ask
In this section, we have answered a few commonly asked questions.
1) Is a Chevy Trailblazer a good vehicle?
Yes, it definitely qualifies as a good vehicle with great style and features.
2) Which is bigger – Trailblazer or Equinox?
The Trailblazer (2021) is bigger than Equinox (2020).
3) How many miles does the Chevy Trailblazer last?
If you maintain it well, it can reach 300,000 miles without any issues.
4) Does a Trailblazer have shocks or struts?
It is front struts and rear shocks.
5) How do I know when my struts are bad?
You will see obvious signs of wear and tear such as the following:
- Instability especially on the highway
- Tipping of the vehicle to the left or right
- Bouncy tires
- Leaking fluid
- Unusual tire wear
6) What noise does a bad strut make?
You will hear clunking or rattling noise when the struts go bad.
7) Do you need an alignment after replacing struts?
Yes, we advise an alignment check after replacing your struts. You may not need to do so after replacing shocks but it is always good to ensure that the alignment is fine in both cases.
Now that you have a fair idea of the types of shocks available for your Trailblazer, we encourage you to go ahead and buy your favorites! If you have any questions, we are here to help. Don’t forget to comment!